We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

Bristol, Virginia
3 posts
Save Topic
Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

Has anyone else had a bad experience from renting a cabin with Aunt Bug's Cabin Rentals? BBB has given them a "F" rating. Which is terrible!

J M
Galax, Virginia
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

Aunt Bugs was the worst company I have ever ran across. They do not have any concern for your complaints, they don't care about you or your complaints. All they want is your money all up front and once they take your credit card information. Rush you through the paper work and then send you off on the most "God awful" roads to travel to their run down, dirty cabins and rat infested shacks. Do not rent from them!!!!!! I would never say this about any other rental cabins ever but this one is a low life run facility, with rude and unconcerned management and staff: Please Do NO Stay Here!!!!! Save your money and go to a nice hotel or stay at another cabin (I always liked Hidden Mountain Cabins in the past) Please, I am not kidding, do not rent from Aunt Bugs.

J M
Galax, Virginia
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

Oh yes, it was last year in Nov. What a bunch of rude staff and management at Aunt Bugs. Took my money for three nights stay without one penny refunded back and we ended up leaving and driving 5 hours back home so upset never to return to Gatlinburg again. DO NOT RENT FROM AUNT BUGS. PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS ADVISE AND ALL OF THE OTHER BAD COMPLAINTS FROM THIS PATHETIC COMPANY!!!1

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

Quote:

"Took my money for three nights stay without one penny refunded back and we ended up leaving and driving 5 hours back home so upset never to return to Gatlinburg again."

There's no need to blame Gatlinburg for the poor service of one company. Aunt Bug's gets consistently poor reviews here on TA. I don't know of anyone who rents from them after researching the area. Sorry you got burned, but check here before your next trip.

Good luck.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

I was thinking along the same lines. You've done the right thing by warning others about your experience with this company, and it's appreciated. But I'm sure you could have a great return trip with the proper research and investigation.

We've rented cabins on 2-3 occasions that were in many ways unsatisfactory, but we have found what we enjoy and prefer with our experiences on other occasions. Without tripadvisor, and the vast amount of knowledge we have obtained from our friends here, we'd be "driving blind", so to speak.

I actually get a kick out of doing the homework. It's great being able to avoid the pitfalls that others have experienced.

Chattanooga...
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

Aunt Bugs was a very bad experience for us. The cabin had someone else's hair on the bathroom floors, in the tub and in the towels. Microwave and fridge handles were dirty, kitchen chairs had food and more hair in them. Pans were black with crusted filth! We tried to get them to work with us, we had not even unpacked. They kept saying they were sending somebody, but never did. We left w/o spending the night, went down to their office and they insisted we pay for the entire stay. What jerks, and unprofessional. They even had the nerve to say the housekeepers have a life too and cant drop everything. We were furious.

Michigan
Level Contributor
3 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

We just rented a cabin from them this month (March) called Whispering Waters. My husband and I have made two prior trips to the Pigeon Forge area, in 2007 and again in 2010. Both times we rented from Sunset Accommodations and both times we were extremely pleased with the experience. So, this time I went to their web site but it was down for maintenance or something as I couldn't get in. So, I decided to "look around" and found Whispering Waters at Aunt Bug's. Read a lot of their reviews, some good but many bad. Read Sunset's reviews and found some bad ones there as well, so we decided to go with Aunt Bug's this time. Next time we'll go back with Sunset. The cabin from Aunt Bug's looks "old and tired" and in need of a little TLC. So many things broken or "well used." It was extremely dirty as well, and I spent a good 2 hours cleaning the first day we were there. Did not appreciate having to do that. Lipstick writing on one of the bathroom mirrors, dirty rug in the kitchen and when I moved it there was visible sand/dirt under the rug plus dead bug parts. Obviously it hadn't been cleaned or even shaken out in awhile. Floors obviously had not been mopped between renters. Placemats on the table were dirty. Coffee maker was dirty. Seal on the refrigerator was sticky (a Lysol wipe took care of that). We found a load of dirty towels in the washer, they were "damp" as in used but had not gone through the wash/spin cycles. Hot tub leaked (we had to add water every 12 hours) and could have been cleaner. And on and on. Broken toilet seat, broken face on the bedroom clock, broken chair slat, trash thrown on the ground from previous renters and not picked up, etc. There were a few good points about the cabin too though. The beds were comfortable (we worried about bed bugs but there were none thankfully!), but the linens were very thin. Great internet service. Another reviewer had mentioned it would be nice to have a motion light, and Aunt Bug's did add one. The gas fireplace was nice, and we loved being right by the creek. We did report the downstairs TV didn't work, but there is visible water damage on the ceiling so that might have shorted out the TV, I'm not sure...who knows how long it has been broken. They did not replace it the entire week we were there. I definitely think they should hire a new cleaning crew, as they do not do their job very well. :(

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

We have never personally rented any cabins from Aunt Buggs rental. We quickly learned from all the "bad press" from others in here that they were a rental agency I wanted no part of. There are so many other cabin rentals in the area with good to excellent customer relations. We've used "cabins 4 you" a few times with favorable results. Another cabin rental service called "V.R.B.O." (Vacation Rental By Owner) has constantly gotten good reviews. We've used this service also, with pleasant results. In the future, for people that haven't learned yet.....STAY AWAY FROM AUNT BUGG'S CABINS.

RAY

Sevierville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

We rented from them recently. Wish I had checked reviews first. Hot tub was filthy. Carpet needed cleaning or replaced. Customer service is wonderful until they get your money.

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
134 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

I guess i am just one of the few that had good reviews for them. We stayed there probable 4 times in a two year time span and had no issues. The cabins we rented where fine and the issues we had where taken care of very quickly. That being said i would caution anyone who is going to rent from them seeing as the reviews have seem to of gotten worse over time! We have since rented from other places in order to avoid any chance of a bad situation!

Chattanooga...
3 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Bad Experience and Aunt Bug's Cabin Rental in Pigeon Forge

As an update to my story, I did contact the owner of the cabin, who sent me an email requesting proof of payment and photos of the cabin. Unbelievably, after I sent him those things, I never heard from him again. The rental office had NO RECORD of our stay. Sounds like somebody pocketed our money and deleted us out of their system. Despicable.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge