We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain Valley Wedding Chapel Pigeon Forge, TN experience

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mountain Valley Wedding Chapel Pigeon Forge, TN experience

I just got married there 2 months ago. Overall, my experience was a grand one. I would like to start off with this place is gorgeous, is quaint, can be a one stop shop for all your destination wedding needs, very budget friendly and the staff (now that it's turned over) is WONDERFUL! Patsy and Terri are phenomenal. I do recommend this as a wedding venue if you are not particular about every little detail.

The biggest cons in summary - don't use their baker, florist or decorator!

PROS: The photographer, dj, shuttle service, accomodations, preacher, and Patsy (coordinator) were extraordinary. Far exceeded my expectations. Words cannot convey how wonderful they were!!

Reasons for not using the baker, florist and decorator:

CAKE AND FLOWERS:

I sent pictures of my cake and flowers. Paid extra for the flowers. They were wrong. The cake, although perfectly moist and amazingly delicious - looked like something I could've done (I am NO BAKER by any stretch. I burn cookies!) It was an embarrassment. The icings weren't even the same shades of red!! My custom made cake toppers were broken in transit. I offered to repair them (brought extra dough) but was assured they could fix them. NO WAY! The arm was dislocated, I had a balding head and the champagne bottle was misplaced while I was informed the 2nd one was lost. It was in the box I dropped off to them all along. I was lied to. I DO NOT RECOMMEND using their baker if you want something like you'd see on TV.

The flowers were $35.00 per flower. I was fine with that since they are special appalachian wildflowers. BUT THEY DIDN'T GET MY FLOWER. They got orchids instead of ladyslippers. They weren'ty even the same color. The flowers they got me were green. The one I wanted was bright yellow! Again - looked nothing like the pic.

I also wanted black feathers in my bouquet. I was informed they couldn't get them. REALLY? I found a pack of them at the local craft store for $7.00. Even brought a feather duster just in case. I HAD TO DO THIS? THE BRIDE?! I supplied them and they were put into the bouquet. The end result was gorgeous I must add.

The decorator. oh my. DO NOT USE THEIR DECORATOR! He bailed on me at the last minute so I was left decorating a place I had never before seen. I came to TN for a week. The ONLY TIME I was able to spend with my family was at the reception. There was TOO MUCH RUNNING around I had to do. Poor Patsy had her husband go over and measure everything so I could order decorations to fit the room sizes!! NOW THAT'S going above an beyone to make up for the nit wit decorator!

Let me close by saying this - If you want perfection and everything to run smoothly, this is not the place to be unless you bring in your own people (services). If you don't care about the details or are having someone else handle them for you, this is highly recommended for the wonderful people, beautiful setting, and great photo ops. Please do not take this post as anything but information. If I had it to do over, I would - I would still stay at Eagles Ridge and I would still have the wedding here. I just would have followed my gut everytime I got a funny feeling or thought things were unclear in any regard.

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountain Valley Wedding Chapel Pigeon Forge, TN experience

Hi, my name is Melanie Lester Quintyne. I am from Georgia. I am truly amazed at this post because i just got married there on April 13, 2013 and my experience was breathtaking...My family of 72 guests stayed in 9 cabins in Eagle Ridge North in which the Wagon Wheel was remarkable...My wedding was at Mt. Valley Chapel and everything was perfect. All of the decorations and bouquets matched. My colors were bright

yellow, tiffany mint n ivory..i sent a pic of the dresses n it went from there. Not to mention the reception was at Calhoun in Gatlinburg...Victor was great. Decorations were awesome..My wedding turned out to be what some people would call a fairy tale wedding....check out my pics on Facebook under Mountain Valley Chapel or Melanie Childs Quintyne. Thanks to Patsy, Terri n Victor!!!!

Edited: 6:26 pm, April 30, 2013
sevierville
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountain Valley Wedding Chapel Pigeon Forge, TN experience

Melanie... you were a beautiful Bride and we so enjoyed working with you on your wedding day! Come back and see us.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mountain Valley Wedding Chapel Pigeon Forge, TN experience

I was married at Mountain Valley Chapel in February of 2011 and it was the best experience I could have ever imagined. I recommend it to people all the time, and would change NOTHING about my perfect wedding day!!! Thank you Mountain Valley Chapel for helping me create memories I will never forget!!!

McComb, Mississippi
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Mountain Valley Wedding Chapel Pigeon Forge, TN experience

I was married at this chapel this past summer. It was everything I could have dreamed of for my wedding day. The chapel/location is beautiful and the staff are FIRST class. They helped make our wedding day memorable and stress free. This is an extremely important quality when you are traveling from out of town for your wedding day. The flowers were at the chapel when we got there. They were beautiful and exactly as I had wanted. Our photos are timeless. There are so many wonderful shots, inside and outside, that it was impossible to choose just a few. Our video is perfect, too. It captured every bit of our perfect day. Our cake was delievered to Calhouns in Pigeon Forge, and it was delicious, as well. It was worth every penny for the personal attention given to me, my groom, and my family on our wedding day. I highly recommend MVWC to anyone wanting a perfect Smokey Mountain wedding.

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mountain Valley Wedding Chapel Pigeon Forge, TN experience

Looks like someone is trying to boost there post on Tripadvisor with lots of new post about there facility!!

6. Re: Mountain Valley Wedding Chapel Pigeon Forge, TN experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 26, 2014