We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Southern Cooking restaurant

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
crawfordville
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Southern Cooking restaurant

My daughter and I LOVE Cracker Barrel, but I wanted to expand her horizons. Any suggestions for good, southern cooking in the area?

georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

We were in Pigeon Forge Thanksgiving week. We eat at Old Mill, Barn Restaurant and Mama's . All were very good, Old Mill had dinner and more than I could eat. Barn had breakfast. I had skillet meal. Normally I do not leave food on my plate but this was also more than I could eat. Delicious. Mama's Restaurant they brought out indiviual dishes of all the food. Also delicious. I think you would enjoy either of these. Good old timey southern food.

s

Byron, Georgia
Level Contributor
153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

Since the portions at the Old Mill are huge, if we ate lunch there could we feed 2 adults and 3 kids off 2 meals or would we need 3? Do they give you baskets of bread or anything?

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

Old mill is the best in my opinion!

Yes! In addition to your meal, first they bring you delicious soup, hush puppies with maple butter (my favorite!!) AND when your meal comes out they bring biscuits too!! The portions are huge and delicious!!! I haven't tried mamas but I do want to! My daughter mentioned it to me last week when we were there but of course we ended up at the old mill! :)

Also the restaurants mentioned in townsend are good home cooking as well if you are in the area!!

Telford, Tennessee
Level Contributor
22 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

We love Old Mill (& the grill across the street), &Applewood.....Mama's (imo) is too expensive for mediocre food. You can get the same thing at golden coral cheaper.

Edited: 2:56 am, January 02, 2013
Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

Definitely Old Mill and Apple Barn.

Orange Park, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

We ate at a brand new restaurant in Wears Valley called Elvira's. they were packed and the food was so good. I have eaten at Apple Valley, Mamas Farmhouse and the Mill and they were good too but will be going back to Elvira's on every trip now. There is also a very cute little gift shop next door.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

Momofthree, I think you probably could feed two adults and three kids off two meals, especially if one or more of the kids is really young yet. We had so much food left over when we ate there, and that was even with the kids ordering kids meals---which were also large portions!

Anniston, Alabama
Level Contributor
27 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

Apple Barn, Old Mill, Mama's and Bennett's are all good.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

Old Mill is number 1st and Apple Barn Farmhouse is 2nd

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Best Southern Cooking restaurant

IMO, in this order...Old Mill, Carvers (in Cosby), Apple Barn, Mama's Farmhouse. I think Mama's is entirely overpriced. If you head out to Carver's, they have the BEST apple butter for about 3.50 a pint that you can purchase to take home. As well as numerous other fresh veggies/fruits and canned items.