We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zorb

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Zorb

can anyone tell me if this has opened yet? Looks like something me and my kids would enjoy if the gas prices go lower so we can come to TN this summer...thanks!

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zorb

What is a Zorb?

Park Forest, IL
Level Contributor
319 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zorb

Paulie a Zorb is A huge clear plastic or vinyl ball with another one inside of it seperated by air and and struts. I saw Peter Gabriel use one in a concert 3 years ago. He was able to bounce around the stage in it and it looked like it would be fun. The one that is opening this spring in Pigeon Forge is going to be on a 600 foot hill that you will roll down the hill inside of the Zorb if you want they will pour a bucket of water in it. That might be good on a hot summer day.You can check it out at zorb.com. My daughter and I plan to look at it but I'm not sure if I'm up to it.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zorb

hey paulie check out the website...it's sounds sorta fun http://www.zorb.com/smoky/index.html,

thegreatsmokeymountainsparkway.com/_pigefor/…

the second link gives you an idea of what it is.....sure hope it's open this summer if we get to come I think me and my eight yr old would love it!

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zorb

Thanks for the info that sounds fun but I guess someone with a back injury would be limited on doing things like this bummer guess I will have to stick to golf :(

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zorb

actually a friend mine that went to new zealand, had a back injury and rode in one, b/c you are strapped in I think it makes a difference, you might want to check it out though, different places might have different polices.....i just hope it's open...my eight year old is wanting to do it....good day

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zorb

Okay, I've seen one on tv.I just didn't know what it was called.I don't know...talk about disorienting!Once your rolling you can't call it quits!Would like to watch someone do it!! I'm going to check out the site.I have a crazy adventurous kid who would give it a whirl!!LOL

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zorb

hey paulie, when are ya'll going again? if this is open when you do go how bout letting us know, my eight yr old and myself included would try this in a heart beat....lol....enjoy your day!!

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zorb

pauliewalnuts seems to be the guinea pig around here. lol. lol. just kidding.

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zorb

Somehow, I am ALWAYS the sucker in a group of folks!! My inner ear problems would probably cause me to hurl on the Zorb thing!! I do have a hubbie that is straight from the show JackA@@! He and my youngest son, the 12yo, want to do this crazy thing.I am willing to bet one of us is just dumb enough to give it a whirl! You better believe if I lived, I would tell about it.

Sincerely,

The Guinea Pig Paulie

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zorb

hey paulie, i know what you mean, I didn't mean for you to try it yourself, but like you im always the one that is asked to try different things...we were talking about at work the other day and somone one was like ohhhhh you need to do that and let us know if it's fun....so I understand lol, great day to ya'll!!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge