We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!!What clothes to pack

Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP!!!What clothes to pack

My family and I are arriving in Pigeon Forge next Friday (Good Friday) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of clothes to pack? Is it shorts and t-shirt weather or is it still just a little too cold? I was also wondering if anyone would know what was open in the area on that day where we could get some groceries? Thank you.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!!What clothes to pack

We will be arriving next weekend as well. I pulled up the weather and it looks like it's going to be in the 70's and sunny. However the mornings and late evenings can be pretty chilly. I am packing a little bit of everything and dressing in layers so I can shed clothes off as it gets warmer. Have an enjoyable trip.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,369 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!!What clothes to pack

The key is to layer your clothes.

Begin the day with t-shirt and shorts underneath sweat pants and a light jacket, shed the layers during the late morning and afternoon, then add them back on later in the day.

Just remember, if you visit the upper elevations of the Smoky National Park, the air temps up there are sometimes 20 degrees cooler with wind, so take necessary layers for those visits too.

Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!!What clothes to pack

Thank you very much for the packing tips...your advise is greatly appreciated.