We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aunt Bugs Rentals

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Aunt Bugs Rentals

We recently rented from AuntBugs "Above Expectations". It was affordable$135 per night. We found out quickly why. It was full of cobwebs and dust. There were only supplies for 2 days so beware- dish soap, garbage bags, toilet paper. Our hot tub worked but was out of bromaine and super gross. We got chilly one night and grabbed an extra blanket for the night. Thank goodness my husband looked first at it it was covered in black mildew as if someone stored it months ago soaking wet. There were only some working remotes. The grill was a joke. One morning we woke to a black spider the size of an egg in the bathroom... Don't know if that's normal but it was gross. I will say this the staff when booking and arriving are wonderful but be prepared. Our rental was disgusting. This was our 2nd time in Tennessee. The precious company we used was far better. I guess we got what we paid for.

Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

This isn't a forum for placing complaints about a place. That is for the review section. This is a travel forum for people to get info about vacations and such.

Name-calling will get your post removed.

12. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, October 16, 2013
Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

Jim W: just wanted to let you know before your posts are removed. You can feel free to lodge complaints here in the forums. That's where many folks gain knowledge about cabin companies. But it's not the place for antagonistic remarks and personal attacks. Many here doubt the honesty of posters who have limited experience here on TA. It's a natural aspect of this trusted forum. I suggest to take the time to review in the proper section where it will likely be verified. And also review some of the other area attractions in which you have experience.

14. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, October 16, 2013
15. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

Removed on: 8:05 pm, October 17, 2013
Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

Thanks for your participation Chuck.

Edited: 8:06 pm, October 17, 2013
Kenosha, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

We just got back from one of their rentals. I'm pretty sure they told me on phone when I made reservation that reservation fee was nonrefundable under any circumstances. Trip insurance is required during certain seasons due to high likelihood of weather issues. I voluntarily bought it due to health conditions of one travelor and another close family member. I checked with another carrier first and asked for copy of policy so I would know coverage rules. I think some people dont read what they sign. As to housekeeping problems, and lack of proper response, I would be angry too. Our rental was clean, though there were some maintenance issues that did not impact use of unit. I was told owner does her own cleaning. Maybe she was not satisfied with hired housekeeping service.we have some complaints, but overall nothing like what I have been reading here.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

We just got back from one of their rentals. I'm pretty sure they told me on phone when I made reservation that reservation fee was nonrefundable under any circumstances. Trip insurance is required during certain seasons due to high likelihood of weather issues. I voluntarily bought it due to health conditions of one travelor and another close family member. I checked with another carrier first and asked for copy of policy so I would know coverage rules. I think some people dont read what they sign. As to housekeeping problems, and lack of proper response, I would be angry too. Our rental was clean, though there were some maintenance issues that did not impact use of unit. I was told owner does her own cleaning. Maybe she was not satisfied with hired housekeeping service.we have some complaints, but overall nothing like what I have been reading here.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

I also disagree with a previous poster that said Trip Advisor forums were not the proper place to lodge a complaint about cabin rental companies, and the shoddy way some of them take advantage of the vacationer. If it weren't for the dissatisfied vacationer letting other T/A readers aware of this problem, how else would we know to avoid that rental agent?

20. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 14, 2015