We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pancake pantry

tn
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
pancake pantry

I have heard sooo many rave reviews of the pancake pantry. The line is always sooooo long for it and when dining with children a long line is the last thing you want to see. Is it really worth the wait? I do know you can't tell a lot of times how good a place is by the crowd it brings. I sure don't eat at places with no cars in the parking lot. We have our favorite places to eat in gatlinburg pigeon forge area just wondering if I need to add this to our list of places to eat

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pancake pantry

Yes, you need to do it at least once and be the judge for yourself. IMO it is worth it. We don't eat there every am or not even every visit but it is good. Don't worry about the line it really does move fast, the place is huge inside (even when the line was deep into the village the wait was only about 20 min.) My only complaint is it's not the cheapest place in town. It is good and I think their pancakes taste like no others. They serve them every way possible, i love the pecan pancakes or any of the fruity ones.

tn
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pancake pantry

We may have to try it then. My earlier post should have read I do know you CAN tell how good a place is by the crowd it brings instead of can't. Maybe I can stand in line and let my husband occupy the kids with something near by. Hungry kids mean grouchy kids lol

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pancake pantry

We love Log Cabin Pancake house in Gatlingurg.that's our favorite place for pancakes.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pancake pantry

I second Log Cabin Pancake House. We went to Pancake Pantry a few years ago. It was ok but kind of expensive. Evidently it has gotten more expensive because someone put on here a few months ago a glass of chocolate milk was over $3. The line does move fast at Pancake Pantry but they do not take credit cards.

tn
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pancake pantry

Wow no credit cards is a good bit of info. I use debit card often to pay. I don't always have cash on me

Amory, Mississippi
Level Contributor
129 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pancake pantry

We stopped in for lunch one day and ordered from the sandwich menu. I'll have to say, it was really good,even for sandwiches . My son is still hooked on the club , but he says nothing compares to "That place in Gatlinburg"

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: pancake pantry

I guess it's a place everybody has to go 1 time- but- they don't take cc or dc's...too many got "buyer's remorse" and retracted the charges when the vacation was over and they thought about it...

You'll buy a gallon at the grocery store for what you'll pay for a glass @PP.

The very BEST laugh I ever got was in there one time, some old Grandma was telling a table(5-6) of her grandkids to "order what you want, Grammies' treat"...

$105 later they had to scrape their purses to make up what Grammie didn't have... take your big wallet, you can't eat cheap there. LOL

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pancake pantry

I've always heard the Pancake Pantry was really good, so last November my wife and I found ourselves in Gat/burg hungry and looking for a good place to eat. While driving thru town, we spotted Pancake Pantry with "bread lines" that stretched a hundred feet down the street. Now I like pancakes and waffles too. But there's no pancake THAT good where I'll stand about an hour in line. I mean,....face it, how good can a pancake be to make a person wait that long to eat?

Ray

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
509 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pancake pantry

Pancake Pantry was good, but I don't think that it's worth waiting in line fore, nor the high price. I don't like the feeling of being rushed in & out of the place. The tables are so close together, I want to dine without the feeling that I'm in another party.

Now we stick to the Log Cabin Pancake House, prices are fair & th ebreakfast is just as tasty.

tn
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pancake pantry

Are log cabin pancake and pancake pantry open for lunch as well as breakfast? I'm gonna take my waffle iron with me and I make yummmmy waffles but one morning letting someone else do it sounds good. Plus I can get new ideas for my waffles and pancakes at home.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge