We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving

Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving

Hi - My family and I are thinking about going to Piegon Forge for Thanksgiving week this year. We have three small children 7 & under. We have never been to TN and would like some input on some nice condo's to stay at as well as suggestions for activities. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving

I can't really help with the condos because we enjoy staying right in town and most of the condo rentals are further out than we like. I can say Thanksgiving is a great time to visit, this is now an annual trip for us. The towns are beautifully decorated with lights and really gets you in the Christmas spirit. Everything is open and business is usual even Thanksgiving day. We enjoy dinner at one of the restaurants and they usually have a special menu for that day. Things get busy on friday and it does become crowded especially near the outlet malls. I don't go for the shopping so I stay far away but I have heard they open at midnight Thur. night and the lines to get in are 4-5 miles long. Dollywood is open and decorated as well. Most of the shows also have their Christmas shows going. If your not set on a condo there are a ton of nice cabins in the area your kids would love because they usually are equipped with a pool table, air hockey and a hot tub.

If I could only pick one week to visit it would be this week.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving

Thanks for your reponse. I was hoping Thanksgiving would be a good time! We were thinking about going Sunday, Nov 20th or that Monday and leaving the Friday after Thanksgiving. I'm not too interested in shopping either - rather take in all the sites. Since this is our first time I am not sure which direction to take on the lodging part or which sites to start with (cabins v condos) I just starting reading the fourm so I hope to learn as much as I can - Thanks.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving

We love to stay at www.hiddenmountain.com (they are working on their web site at the time)

stay in the East cabins, they are close to town only 1 or 2 miles from the parkway, they are located behind the Apple Barn which is a great place to eat and visit. this company does not have cleaning fees or hot tub fees everything is included in the price no hidden fees here. the staff is wonderful and the cabins are VERY clean. we have stayed here for years and have never had any problems.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving

Check out Whispering Pines Condos at www.whisperingpinescondps.com . This has become our favorite place to stay in Pigeon Forge. It's located on Ogle Street, right in the middle of Pigeon Forge. They are currently working on an indoor pool that your kids would love. Pigeon Forge has a lot of mini-golf and go-karts places. The best thing in the whole area, though is the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. It's the reason that everything else is there and it's free.

5. Re: Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge