We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in gatlinburg before?

South Mississippi
Level Contributor
245 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in gatlinburg before?

We are staying there for 5 nights in March so I was curious about the river view that we are supposed to be getting and some other questions...like how clean is it? How big are the rooms? And the breakfast?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in gatlinburg before?

We stayed there for 2 nights about 5 or 6 years ago. I believe it is a creek, not really a river, that runs along one side of the building. Our room looked out over the parking lot towards town, not the creek. The actual river is behind the hotel and across the street. And I think there must be something behind the hotel, between the hotel and River Road, but I can not picture what.?

Our room was nice, but what I remember the most is how odd the bathroom seemed to us. We had a jaccuzi room, and the jaccuzi was in the bathtub, in the bathroom. The wall that the tub was on, was not a wall, but a sliding slotted door so you could open it and watch tv while you we in the tub. Even with the "wall" closed, the bathroom just didn't seem private enough to us. The next year we found the Clarion and it suited us better. But that is just us. Other than that the room was nice and clean. Our room was a good size. The breakfasts were good and if it is nice, you can sit outside next to the creek to eat.

Have fun!

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in gatlinburg before?

Not be a meanie or anything but was wondering why you decided to stay in Gatlinburg hampton inn?I stayed there once and I was not impressed with them as other Hampton Inns.The creek is a joke at the Gatlinburg location.Can not even walk down by it.I would think your girls would love a indoor pool so they could go swimming.Just wondering why you did not consider a hotel with a indoor pool?Pigeon forge has a Hampton inn on the river with indoor pool and a river behind it so the girls could feed the ducks or you could also have a picnic.You could take the trolley into Gatlinburg.There is also a Econolodge Riverside in Pigeon forge with indoor pool and river to feed ducks and picnic.There is a great Fairfield inn Gatlinburg North location with indoor pool.The Ripley's min. golf is right in the parking lot.There is a small creek beside it.I have heard great things about it.

My kids love the Black Bear Jamboree show.Kids are free too.You may want to check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in gatlinburg before?

The Fairfield inn Gatlinburg north is only 57.00 with aaa or 60.00 without.Pigeon forge hampton is 80.00.The Econolodge Riverside which has been newly remodeled is only 49.00 average nightly.www.econolodge-pigeonforge.com

Great hotel the Little pigeon river is right in back with ducks and picnic area with indoor pool.Just thought maybe you could stay at one of these and save extra money.They also have great riviews on here.Have a great trip.(the Trolley does run right outside the hotel.)

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
South Mississippi
Level Contributor
245 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in gatlinburg before?

I have already made the reservations at the Hampton Inn....I just chose it because of the location. We really won't be spending much time in the room and I got the best rates from the hampton and I didn't want to spend a fortune on something that we really weren't gonna be in that much. I read reviews and I didn't find the first bad review. I just want somewhere clean and comfortable to lay my head. :)

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
1,230 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in gatlinburg before?

well I thought I could try to help but, I am sure The Hampton Inn in Gatlinburg will be just fine.I hope you have a good trip.

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
1,230 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in gatlinburg before?

sweetiepie is right, the Hampton is not as nice as others we have stayed in, (we have stayed in a lot because we are part of their rewards club) but, it is not the worst either. Like I said it has been a few years since we stayed there.