We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Mountain Vacations

Lexington, Kentucky
3 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Mountain Vacations

Problems?

Akron, Ohio, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
121. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

I just stayed with them...they have horrible customer service and rented out a cabin with no shingles on the roof. The roof was clearly getting work done and on our last day the roofers were waiting for us to leave. I would switch because I loved the cabin we stayed in besides the leaky roof but there customer service and compensation for the leaky roof ensures that I will never rent from them again.

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
122. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

We rented from this folks. Because it was late, the office was closed. An information packet was left for us with an incorrect cabin number. This made it difficult to find. The cabin had 3 bathrooms, 2 without shower curtains. There were no toilet paper holders. In the morning, I was able to shower. One of my friends was mid-soap and had to rinse with bottled water. The water stopped running mid-shower. The other two could not shower at all. We contacted maintenance. We then contacted "Janet" at the office who documented our problems. We then spoke to "James" who was supposed to look into it. After no contact for a week, I called back 3 times. Finally got a call back from "James", who said that "upper management" could do nothing for me, despite my offer to cover the housekeeping. I was forced then to dispute the charge with my credit card. At the end of the day, be forewarned. Do not use Majestic Mountain for your Pigeon Forge area cabin rentals.

123. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:06 am, September 13, 2012
124. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:07 am, September 13, 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
683 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
125. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

I just have to say.......... (Not trying to offend anyone here!!)

I have read through this thread at various times when new comments are added. It just blows my mind that someone would rent from this company even after reading the terrible things that have been said here about them. That being said, I realize that not everyone reads these forums, or even checks for reviews before booking a stay. But if you have even slightest clue that you might not be getting what you paid for.....why would you rent from them?? Sure, there might be a few good reviews scattered here and there. But to me there are too many red flags waving to even consider this company.

I mean, we have to save all year to be able to take our trips to the Smoky Mountains. I know alot of others are in the same position that we are.

Just please, everyone-- do your homework. Don't throw away your hard earned money. There are many wonderful places to stay in PF, most everyone on here would give you recommendations for one if you need it.

Karen

1 post
Save Reply
126. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

Has any one ever stayed at papa bear lodge or lightening bug ??

1 post
Save Reply
127. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

Staying at Cheerokee Lodge cabin this week. It's big, clean and we are having a great time. A lot of these comments are years old. Not sure if they rent smaller cabins that might be sketchy, but these big ones are nice!

Powhatan Point, Ohio
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
128. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

Has anyone stayed at "Cabin Sweet Cabin" by American Patroit Getaway?Comments please!!!!!!

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
129. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

I just got back from the Cherokee Lodge my second year in a row stayed in same house. Everything worked fine. We did find a wasp nest out by the hot tub but they sent someone that night to take care of it. The house was clean. Our only issue is the upstairs couches need to be replaced. The projection tv is great but the chairs and couches to sit on need replacing. Customer service went above and beyond for us both years that we stayed.

Indianapolis...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
130. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

Just got back from a stay at Big Bear Lodge. What a HUGE disappointment! First of all the website says it's newly built. NOT! Wooden floor is faded from sun, carpets stained and look very dirty. It says it sleep 22 people but you could not have more than 3 people in the kitchen at one time!! The floors were filthy so you HAD to wear shoes at all times! No cookie sheets and the pots and pans didn't look healthy to cook in as the non-stick coating was coming off. There were only 6 forks to eat with....for a cabin that sleep 22 people? I booked this particular cabin as it had video games. None were working when we arrived but my son spent the first hour looking at them and getting 2 of them to work. The TV downstairs was not working either. There happen to be a maintenance man there when we arrived and he couldn't fix it either. Who were we suppose to call? My brother-in-law spent a couple of hours but finally got it working! Really? I have to say the customer service was fine but I would never stay at this cabin again!! I can't say I wouldn't use Majestic Mountain Vacations because the prior year we rented a cabin and it was FANTASTIC!! I just wish the website, cabin description and PRICE reflected the truth. If the price was right for a dirty, old, nonfurnished (kitchen utensils) cabin...I wouldn't complain!

Edited: 11:17 am, October 21, 2013