We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for cabin with swimming pool or lake?

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
337 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for cabin with swimming pool or lake?

I am looking for a cabin with a private swimming pool(preferrably) and/or a lake/pond or such for swimming and such.

A cabin with lots of indoor games would be nice, even nicer would be a outdoor basketball hoop!

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

Level Contributor
62 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for cabin with swimming pool or lake?

Hello tissie1,

I am sooooo GLAD you posted this subject, because I am looking for the same thing. I am planning some kind of trip for the summer.

So fellow travelers out there, could anyone recommend some cabins with access to a pool??

Something still sort of private, and not cabins too close together. Maybe, like a "Cabin Resort".

Any info would be greatly appreciated. This is my second time at planning a trip to Pigeon Forge/dollywood .

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for cabin with swimming pool or lake?

We rode through a really nice resort called Sherwood Forest which had a pool. It was within walking distance to some cabins, but would require a car drive from others. I don't know anything about the resort other than that. Star Crest (kinda expensive) is another resort with a pool. Keep in mind that if you want a pool, the cabins are very close to each other in a "resort" setting.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for cabin with swimming pool or lake?

I am not too sure that I want a "resort setting"?!

I would like "some" privacy and not to really see the next cabin.

Marietta
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for cabin with swimming pool or lake?

For the person who wanted a resort - try timber tops cabin rentals - 1-800-600-9605

Hidden Springs Resort, there is a pool and wonderful cabins. Check it out at yourcabin.com

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for cabin with swimming pool or lake?

Thought I'd share an option for those of you who want swimming pool access without having to stay at a resort.

I have a couple cabins and we provide our guests with information about the Pigeon Forge Community Center--right near the Kroger's off Wears Valley Rd and the Parkway. In fact, I stopped in last week to pick up some brochures and take a tour. I had always heard it was nice, but to see it in person made it even better.

In the summer, you can swim for $1.50/person in the outdoor pool. Off season, for $6.50 per person you can play all day at the indoor rec center: regulation pool, another small pool that might be for wading or a spa (didn't get that close to it), huge gym with basketball, volleyball, raquetball courts, elevated running/walking track, plus a fitness center. There's also a 10 lane bowling alley, but that has separate fees.

For summertime outdoor fun, the $1.50 a day outdoor pool is perfect for our kids. With a waterslide, diving board, wading pool and very nice concession stand, my teens will enjoy it this summer. We checked it out last year but couldn't get there. This year, we'll definitely go and recommend it to our guests.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge Community Center
Pigeon Forge Community...
17 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for cabin with swimming pool or lake?

Sounds nice, will have to check it out... thanks onstarvoice!