We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood - Help

Wedowee,AL
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dollywood - Help

Someone PLEASE tell me if Dollywood is worth the price. We are visiting in a few days and I want to know if I should take my three children. It's gonna be pricey for a family of five and I need to know if it's REALLY worth it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollywood - Help

As always, it depends on you. Is your family really into theme parks or do you guys just want to do it because it's highly rated and it's there? How much more fun will your kids have at Dollywood versus other cheaper activities available?

Better to have a decently good time at a cheaper or free spot than to be set over a hundred dollars back with everyone having one okay day.

One thing for sure: if Dollywood doesn't end up being the highlight of your trip, it's probably not worth it.

Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
283 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollywood - Help

I have always enjoyed Dollywood and have thought it to be worth the price, because we have usually upgraded to season passes and visited 3 or 4 times a year. Five one day passes with no plans to return does make for an expensive day, especially if no one has upgraded to a Gold Pass. If you are going in a few days (before they close for the season), be prepared for some of the rides to be closed down for winter, and some of the rides that are normally open, may not run if it is below a certain temperature. The other main activities (shopping and going to the shows) may suffer from how much enthusiasm you may have with the post- Christmas let down. The Christmas shows, while beautiful and well done, may not have the same excitement and enjoyment that they did a week ago. If these factors to consider do not dampen your desire - then by all means, go and enjoy what Dollywood has to offer. Otherwise, you may want to consider making your first visit in the summer or fall, when all rides, including the water rides are operating, or before Christmas next year, when the shopping and the shows still have the anticipation and excitement that don't exist after Christmas is over.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollywood - Help

It is certainly worth during the warmer weather when everything is open and the water rides can be great fun. I am not sure how may (if any) rides close during the winter but you can research that and the operating hours during your visit at: http://dollywood.com/dates-hours/

If you believe you'll be back for another trip later in the year I would serious consider upgrading to a season pass and one of you buying the gold pass to get the most of out the park. The one gold pass will get you 20% off everthing you buy for the entire group from water to food to hand crafted items as large as wagons. It will also get you free parking.

You have the option to upgrade your one day tickets at any time during your visit PRIOR to your leaving the park at the end of the day so if you have fun and think you'll be back, upgrade before you leave.

Chris

Albemarle, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollywood - Help

unless your children are older and can ride things i don't recommend it at all. we went when my son was 18 mths and he could hardly do anything and half of the stuff wasn't even open! the train wasn't even running and it was the opening weekend with Dolly in town for the parade as well. we ended up getting our money back!! i got slammed for my review on it here as well but if you want to check it out please feel free to.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g55270-d1035…

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollywood - Help

I have been numerous times (grew up going there) and I do feel like it's worth it, especially if you do the "After 3 , next day free" deal. I have never been in the winter time and would not recommend that because of enjoying the outdoor rides, it's much better for rides in the late spring, summer, and fall.

I wrote a pretty good / long review of Dollywood. You can look it up if you'd like.

My small toddler enjoyed it when we went. He rode the bumble bees, a couple other small rides, the cars (with hubby) and he liked playing in the water play area and the new creek area near the timber tower.

Silver City, New...
Level Contributor
208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollywood - Help

I've never been to Dollywood in the winter, but I would imagine if you want to go on all the rides, you best wait til spring.

We went in May and it was wonderful then.

We are going again this year and taking our grandson, who will be 6. He is all excited about it and has been saving his money for two years.

We'll do the go after 3, and next day free deal.

I wouldn't think many 16 month old would really get much out of any amusement park, but that is just my opinion.

Albemarle, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dollywood - Help

well if a 16 month old doesn't get much out of an amusement park then it's not really as family oriented as they make it out to be. just like taking smaller children to Disney World, what's the point? and that may be your opinion but it's my child, to whom you do not know. he may be small for his age but is very advanced. he is currently 3 now and i still would not take him back to Dollywood.

8. Re: Dollywood - Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:56 am, December 31, 2009
9. Re: Dollywood - Help

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, December 30, 2009
10. Re: Dollywood - Help

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:56 am, December 31, 2009