We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

Hartford, AL
Level Contributor
29 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

Would love opinions on where to dine for the best rainbow trout. Would like it fried instead of grilled.

Thanks!!

greenville sc
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

I would say that to me it would be Linebergers in gatlinburg we ate there for the first time in August and it was wonderful

Hartford, AL
Level Contributor
29 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

Thank you so much!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

The best trout I've ever had anywhere in the area is the pan-friend trout at The Park Grill in Gatlinburg. Delicious and a huge portion!

Cindy

Hartford, AL
Level Contributor
29 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

Cool. Looks like Gatlinburg is the place to go for trout!

Thank you.

Georgia
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

I've never been to the Trout House in Gatlinburg, but I've been told by others it's the best.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1,203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

I personally don't eat fish, but I have done research on fish in the area since my husband likes fish. I had run across a place called English Mountain Trout Farm & Grilll in Sevierville. Here you can catch your own trout & then they cook it. It seems to get great reviews. I'm sure it would be a fun experience, but sounds a little pricey (fishing fees + meal fee). Here is the link to TA reviews & photos:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g55328-d60…

Also, I have admired the trout that are swimming in the tanks at Howards in Gatlinburg. I don't know how they are, but I have stopped to check out the fish in the tanks as I walked the strip in downtown. They seem to get mixed reviews. Here is a link:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60842-d44…

Hope this helps!

Hartford, AL
Level Contributor
29 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

Wow....thanks for the responses and links.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
947 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

We just visited the area and had dinner at Bear Creek on the outskirts of Gatlinburg. While some of the reviews here aren't the best, we had a fairly nice meal. The atmosphere was nice, the waiter efficient and pleasant. The dinner rolls were wonderful! I had the grilled trout and it was very good. They offer if prepared in about 8 different ways. There's a stream the runs alongside/under the restaurant, so it was very nicely lit at night.

ohio
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

I am not a hugh fan of trout but have eaten it several times at the Trout House in Gatlinburg and it's always been good. They prepare it just about anyway you can imagine. My favorite is the Smoked Trout.

dininginthesmokies.com/_gatlinb/dgsmtrou.htm

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best restaurant for Rainbow Trout?

I like the trout at Paul's Family Rest. in Cherokee...that said it's NOT the best I've ever eaten. It's pan fried and it's very representative of "regular old time pan fried trout the way they did it 100yrs ago in the Smokies"(WHEW!)

I like the grilled/smoked/lemon /basil/steamed/cheddar varieties too, but sometimes it's fun to eat it the way the old timers did.