We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to stay near dollywood?

Scotland
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
best places to stay near dollywood?

I wanna stay at a real nice hotel/cabin but it has to be close to dollywood. any ideas??

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

What time of year will you be visiting? Would you prefer a resort type setting or more secluded?

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,378 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

We stayed at the Ramada Limited Suites on Dollywood Lane. It is the closest hotel to Dollywood. The property is only about a mile from the park. I have a review on this site; feel free to check it out.

We liked the property, as the suites are very roomy and offer a great layout if you are travelling with young children. You can put them to bed and watch tv out in the living room. It is a clean property with a friendly staff, and it has an outdoor pool and continental breakfast. My only minor complaint about the property is that it does have signs of wear and tear (i.e. torn curtains and peeling wallpaper), but these were not enough to deter us from doing back.

Another plus about the Ramada: it is located well off the busy parkway. It's nice to be away from the traffic.

Have a great trip!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

You should take a look at the Inn at Christmas Place. We stayed in August and loved it. It has gotten really good reviews. To read the reviews, check the Pigeon Forge Hotels on the left. I think it is rated #1 in Pigeon Forge.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

When we were there is June, we stayed at Hidden Springs Resort. It is on the road that is between Dollywood and Splash Country. We got our cabin from Timber Tops Cabin Rentals and were very pleased. I believe you can also get cabins directly from Hidden Springs. Other cabin rental places also have cabins out there also. It is very convenient to Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. If you search Yahoo for Hidden Springs Resort, you should be able to find them. Good luck with your search.

Scotland
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

Sounds great, we want somewhere that has great views of the smokies and close to dollywood and downtown places to eat and drink and enjoy some live music and shows. we will be going in april 08 for the annual dolly parade, its out first time visiting tho so anyother advise would be welcomed. thank you.

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

how do you find info about the parade? i cant find it. is she in it?

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

You could stay anyplace on the parkway and not be too far from Dollywood, and close to all the restaurants. You would have to ask for the mountain view, since that is one of your requirements.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

We have always like Deer Ridge Resort -- just a few miles north of dollywood --- although it is older, it has an indoor pool, and great views --- there are lots of properties around there now -- you shouldnt have any problem.

Ohio
Level Contributor
159 posts
9. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

We stayed at a beautiful, private cabin just down the road from the backside of Dollywood on McCarter Hollow. It is litterally 2 to 3 minutes away. There was a great mountian view from the front porch and a small farm next door.

It was called Abiding Love through Colonial Properties. It had two bedrooms, 2 baths and a sleeper sofa. It was immaculate and had a nice gameroom for the kids.

It was also just a five minute drive to the Pigeon Forge strip at the Old Mill area. I highly recommend it. It was half way up a small mountain, but the drive was paved and it was not too scarey at all!

Good luck!

10. Re: best places to stay near dollywood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 13, 2009