We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants you recommend in area

Nederland, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
45 reviews
Restaurants you recommend in area

We love Appleeood restaurant and Calhouns.

Any recommendations on other good places in the area?

16 replies to this topic
Alabama
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

For breakfast, we love Red Rooster, Sawyer's, and Flapjacks.

Ate lunch once at the Old Mill. So. Much. Food.

Ate breakfast once at the Applebarn. Very good.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,706 posts
357 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

The Local Goat is awesome. I also love The Old Mill, Harpoon Harry's and Pottery House Grill.

Those are all in Pigeon Forge

In Gatlinburg I like Cherokee Grill, Blaines, Best Italian, Crockett's Breakfast Camp, The Alamo, and Bennett's BBQ.

Edited: 7:37 pm, September 03, 2018
Tennessee
Level Contributor
474 posts
1 review
3. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

Great suggestions above!

Some favorites are Cherokee Grill (sirloin and ribeye dishes...delicious to the last bite!), Delauder’s BBQ (3 meat platter...don’t miss the fried mac ‘n cheese side!), Little House of Pancakes (fantastic pancakes, breakfast, country fried steak), Three Jimmy’s (amazing reubens and DESSERTS, great burgers and nachos), Frank Allen’s Grill (burgers, sandwiches), Morning Mist Cafe (cheesecake), Fox and Parrot (the best fish and chips). For an amazing view, try Anakeesta’s Cliff Tops; they sometimes have live music, too.

Red Oak Bistro is new and features Mediterranean tapas. They get rave reviews and I want to try it next time.

Sevier County has some wonderful places to eat!

orlando
Level Contributor
313 posts
182 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

Our favorites are The Alamo in Gatlinburg, the Pottery House in Pigeon Forge. Sawyers, Crockets and Pancake Pantry for breakfast.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
45 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

The Pottery House Café and Grill and the Old Mill Restaurant both are in the Old Mill District. You will really enjoy the Pottery House, they bring out fresh sour dough bread and butter when you are seated. Everything is served on the Pottery that is made next door. Reasonable prices also. I like the Old Mill for breakfast, it cannot be beat. Orange juice and banana nut muffins are brought out to you when you are seated at this restaurant. The Pigeon Forge Deli is also good. Delicious homemade bread and pretzels. The soups are also good. Look them up on trip advisor.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

Smoky Mountain Brewery is a sister restaurant of Calhoun’s. The Pigeon Forge location is right behind Calhoun’s, in Walden’s Landing. Great pizza, hamburgers, calzone and apps.

Fairmont, WV
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

Peddler - a little pricey but worth every penny if you want the best steak in town. Call at 4:00 to make a reservation and ask for a table by the window. Beautiful river view.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
474 posts
1 review
8. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

Reading a recent trip report made me realize I left one off. Wanted to add DreamMore’s Song and Hearth southern buffet. I recently ate there and it was wonderful! Prices are a bit higher, but they sometimes have specials (right now there’s a buy one, get one half off on certain nights). Thursday-Sunday nights have a weekly themed (different) menu. They have live music at times, too, check their schedule for details. Food is excellent and there’s plenty of variety. The atmosphere is elegant.

Edited: 9:22 am, September 05, 2018
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,714 posts
3,451 reviews
9. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

Thanks for your post and excellent Thread

Our list includes:

Cherokee Grill

Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon

The Peddler Steakhouse Dinner

Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Que

Calhoun's Gatlinburg

The Park Grill

And one of Our Favorites:

Buckhorn Inn -- Dinner

www.buckhorninn.com/dining/

Buckhorn Inn is near to the The Wild Plum Tearoom and also on Gatlinburg's Historic Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community Trail

www.gatlinburgcrafts.com.

Buckhorn Inn offers no menu, and provides a very unique dining experience.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
17 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: Restaurants you recommend in area

Timberwood Grill at the Island and Old Mill Cafe, not the original Old Mill but the smaller one across the road.

Reply to: Restaurants you recommend in area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted