We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood Dream Resort Reservation Cancellation

Dayton OH
Level Contributor
230 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dollywood Dream Resort Reservation Cancellation

Has anyone else had problems cancelling their hotel reservation? It says Cancel Reservation at the bottom of my confirmation but the link doesn't work. Will call later but this is frustrating.

5 replies to this topic
Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,275 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollywood Dream Resort Reservation Cancellation

Sorry you are needing to alter your plans.

I’ve never cancelled a reservation there, but, I generally don’t take a chance on a ruined vacation or being billed for a cancellation that wasn’t properly recognized by doing it online.

I always call direct to reserve and/or cancel.

I once had an almost disastrous trip to PF using an online discount hotel booking site. I left a note that we would be arriving late... when we arrived, to a pretty much booked up PF, the hotel said they almost gave our room away because we were so late.

I explained I added the note that we would be arriving late... the desk clerk said they never see those notes at the hotel.

After that, I always call direct.

I also found that often, the best rooms are never offered on the discount sites or even online.

When I call direct, I find I get a good price and often get to pick the room we prefer, like at Daytona, an ocean front room that isn’t listed online at all.

Good luck!

Edited: 11:23 am, November 20, 2017
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
509 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollywood Dream Resort Reservation Cancellation

I did two reservations in the past three weeks online. I was booking rooms which would include a dog. After I made the reservation which I added on the note area we were bringing a pet, I decided to call. It was a good thing I did or I would have lost both rooms. They didn’t know we would have a dog with us.

I will be calling directly to the hotels next time.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,312 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollywood Dream Resort Reservation Cancellation

I always call the hotels local direct line and I always get a better rate. We stay at LeConte View often and they have a room above the office that has a private balcony overlooking the parkway. It's not listed on their website.

Always always always get the person's name you talk to and write it down.

Sorry you had to cancel. Hope you do plan on booking again in the future. Happy Holiday's.

Anna, United States
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollywood Dream Resort Reservation Cancellation

I know this is way later but I figured out the answer, and it's quite obscure.

The direct link is: https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx…

(Not sure if it'll actually let me post links on here, so I'm sorry if that didn't work)

But to find it on the website, do the following:

1. From the main Dollywood page (www.dollywood.com) click on Account located in the thin, gray banner at the top of the page

2. About halfway down the page there are two buttons: "Sign-in" and "Create Account" click on CREATE ACCOUNT

3. On the next page there are 5 links at the top: Tickets, Season Passes, Extras, Cabins, Resort, Click RESORT

NOTE: This Resort link is different than the one on their main page.

4. Now there are 3 links at the top: Home, Contact Us, Modify or Cancel a Reservation. Click MODIFY OR CANCEL A RESERVATION

I don't believe this obscurity is intentional. The website has gone through several renovations and it's quite evident that many of the pages were not updated thoroughly. Coming from the web design industry, this drives me crazy for this very reason :)

I hope this helps others out!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,275 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollywood Dream Resort Reservation Cancellation

Interesting info... but, I would be afraid if it’s that difficult and the site has been modified that my cancellation would be lost on the “inter web” ;-)

Calling direct, talking to a real person (always write down their name) and getting a confirmation number let’s me sleep better at night.

Reply to: Dollywood Dream Resort Reservation Cancellation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted