We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want a Wonderful Nashville Experience in October!!!

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grenada, MS
7 posts
Save Topic
Want a Wonderful Nashville Experience in October!!!

I am traveling to Nashville next month and will be there from October 12 to October 15. I will be traveling with my wife, 4 year old daughter and my mother. We are not country music fans and would like to know what are the must do's in Nashville for first timers? My wife and I are in our late 20's and love a nice restaurant. Sounds like Zola or Mambu are the places to go. Feel free to give any suggestions for out of the ordinary dining also. Would like to know what is the best nightlife and some exciting experiences for our daughter while we are there also.

Just any old help would be greatly appreciated because I am working with a clean canvas!!!

Thanks in advance for you help...

Grenada, MS
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Want a Wonderful Nashville Experience in October!!!

I forgot to mention that my family and I will be staying at the Fairfield Nashville resort so if anyone has any information on what to expect and the location let me know.

Fairfield Nashville

2415 McGavock Pike

Nashville, TN

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want a Wonderful Nashville Experience in October!!!

Close to McGavock Pk, you should go to the Opryland complex, if nothing else, just to see it. Although a hotel, it is pretty impressive. While out there, try the General Jackson Showboat. Opry Mills shopping complex.

The 4yo is going to be hard to keep entertained. There is the Adventure Science Center in Nashville, Discovery Center in Murfreesboro. For the adults, Frist Museum, perhaps a play at TPAC. NHL Predators will be playing hockey by then.

Restaurants, I like South Street, Sperrys, Calhouns, Monells, Germantown Cafe, for Breakfast, Pancake Pantry & Loveless Cafe.

Good luck, and welcome to Nashville.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want a Wonderful Nashville Experience in October!!!

Another place to look for cool restaurants in Nashville is www.nashvilleoriginals.com. These are all great restaurants that are not chains. Some even have links to their web sites, so you can review their menus, etc.

I bet your 4yo will enjoy Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills. 2nd Ave, downtown, is always fun, but your daughter might get bored.

I have not stayed at Fairfield Nashville, so after your trip let us know how it is.

Have fun in Nashville.

Daytona/Port Orange
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want a Wonderful Nashville Experience in October!!!

there is a one hour grayline tour that leaves from the hard rock downtown, i would take that. I think it's 12 dollars for adults.

Grenada, MS
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Want a Wonderful Nashville Experience in October!!!

Thanks so much for the information. You guys have given me a good bit to think about and have been very helpful.

I will definitely post how the Fairfield resort was after the trip.

KY
Level Contributor
54 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want a Wonderful Nashville Experience in October!!!

Hello, Mississippi! We will be at the Fairfield the week before you and we have been there several times. The resort itself could keep your daughter occupied somewhat. There is a very nice indoor pool and other actvities geared toward children. My boys are just a little older and would stay in the water all weekend if we let them.

One thing I would definitely do is take her to the Aquarium restaurant at Opry Mills Mall. You may need reservations. The decor obviously is sealife but you feel like you're underwater with the floor to ceiling glass walls. The kids love it! It is a chain so the food is just okay but you're really paying for the atmosphere.

As someone else posted, the Opryland Hotel is a must do. The water shows alone will keep a child of any age fascinated for a good while. The last time we were there we spent most of an hour watching the "Ivy Lady". I don't know what her official title is but it is unbelievable. There's a picture of her on the hotel website. It is located almost across the street from the Fairfield.

The resort offers tours through Grayline and maybe a couple others, they will pick you up at the resort and return you there. The resort itself is very well kept, you probably know you'll have a kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. Ask to be near the amenities center, if you plan on using it for pool, tanning, games checkout, or movie rental.

For a nice night out, have the Stockyard Restaurant (premium steaks and atmosphere) send their complimentry shuttle for you, have an excellent dinner and a few drinks, and be shuttled back at your convenience. Great adult night out or you can take your daughter and she'll be treated like a princess, too. It's the only way we like to end our weekend there.

Just say no to any request for tours of the resort or you will lose half a day. Sorry, it's true, it's timeshare resort, but if you JUST SAY NO you'll be fine.

Have a great time, you'll love the Fairfield.

7. Re: Want a Wonderful Nashville Experience in October!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, August 24, 2009