We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

We're making our first trip to Nashville weekend of 10/11/14 and wanted to stay downtown close to the action but the hotels are either booked or over $300/night. Maybe some event or normal but now I'm thinking we should stay remote of downtown at a hotel that has shuttle service (don't want to drink and drive). Is there such or should we stay as close as we can somewhere and just tack cabs back and forth? Appreciate assistance.

georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

Most of the Vanderbilt/West End hotels have shuttles to downtown.

Nashville...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

There are two football games in Nashville that weekend, but neither would be a reason for higher prices in the downtown hotels. Vanderbilt plays Charleston Southern on the 11th and the Titans host Jacksonville on the 12th.

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,412 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

rates are high that weeknd with football games and its near peak travel time for fall colors. Nashvilel is a good fly in/out location to do the Smokeys.

This time the weather is cooler so more people will want to travel.

Also knowing there is a football game scheduled hotels will jack up prices to see what people will commit to.

chicago
Level Contributor
396 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

If you stay out by Oprymills any of the hotels you can use Tommy Tours and it's $10 per person roundtrip. I think downtown shuttle has the same rates. If you stay near the airport you need to take a cab and they charge 20- 25 each way. If you take Tommy Tours hope you get Jerry as your driver he is a real hoot. 615-406-1917

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

I recently stayed at the hampton inn vanderbilt/west end and it was located in the vanderbilt area, but also had a free shuttle service downtown. Or actually anywhere within a certain mile radius. The shuttle was available every day but Sunday until 11 pm and we never had an issue getting the shuttle. They even gave a card with the cell phone number for the driver if we were out and needed to be picked back up.

I will also suggest uber or lyft. I used both services and it was >$6 each trip and we never had to wait more than 3 mins for a driver.

Level Contributor
433 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

Cabs from Opryland to Downtown, Airport & area hotels to Downtown & Airport to Opryland is flat rate of $25 + $1 per every extra person before tip. Not cheap.

Downtown, recheck rates on the websites or by calling directly, rather then 3rd party sites which claim to save but typically really do not. (Hat tip to hotels[dot]com) Check hotels on West End (West End / Vanderbilt area) as well as "Music Row". There is a Comfort Inn (Demonbruen) & a Best Western (Division) within walking distance to Broadways bars (cheap approx $7-9 before tip to cab back.) with bars across the street (ie: Tin Roof )

You can also book Graylines hop-on/hop-off tour of you book a room up by Opryland.

If you end up booking a room with a shuttle by the airport, because its cheaper then Downtown/West End/Music Row you can take their shuttle to/from airport anytime & take the city bus for $1.70 each way or $5.25 for an all day pass but that isnt the greatest for a late night out drinking as the last bia leaves downtown for the airport at 11:15pm.

Marriot on West End offers a shuttle for free from the airport, as does the Holiday Inn Express on Broadway & Holiday Inn on West End. Additionally, Holiday Inn on West End as a bar inside called The Commodore Bar & Grill with live music every night. Not the most happening place but good food & cheap prices. If you end up booking in Opryland/Music Vaey area to save, remember cabs from downtown will always be $25 + $1 per extra person before tip & of you boom the Guest House Inn & Suites not to rely on their shuttle service for your return trip to the airport, it is shoddy. Also, Opryland Hotel and the Inn At Opryland do not offer a free shuttle, the have a paid one, they also offer a paid shuttle service to & from downtown with pickup/drop-off being at The Wildhorse Saloon, I am not sure of the rates as they were going up in price but for the downtown shuttle service they offer 1-day, 2-day, 3-day & 5-day "packages." You can also buy their downtown shuttle service without being a guest buy visiting the ticketing desk in the magnolia lobby by WSM. This would be good of booking, say Fiddlers Inn as it would be cheaper then cabs and runs later then the last Opryland city bus (leaves downtown at 9:15.)

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,874 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

Also looking for a hotel with a shuttle to downtown. Checked the website for the recommended Hampton Inn/Vanderbilt(West End). Under "Hotel Details" I found the following regarding their shuttle:

"Enjoy free transportation to local destinations Monday to Friday from 7 am to 5 pm."

If considering this hotel, I'd call to verifythe hours of the shuttle as it doesn't seem like it runs in the evenings nor on the weekend, which is when we'd be traveling.

8. Re: Hotels with shuttle to downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 29, 2015