We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for an Adventurous couple - traveling this February

Waterloo, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Tips for an Adventurous couple - traveling this February

My girlfriend and I are road tripping from Ontario, to Florida in two weeks. She loves country music and we both enjoy doing outdoorsy and/or adventurous activities. We plan on stopping in Nashville (and possibly camping??) on our way down and I would like some ideas for activities we can do in Nashville.

Thank you for your help in advance!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for an Adventurous couple - traveling this February

A hike through the Warner Parks would be nice. They are huge, have tons of walking trails, a nature center, lots of wildlife, etc. Also, Radnor Lake is a beautiful little gem hidden away in a residential area. Pretty much just one walking path, but it is a very peaceful and serene place. And of course, there are countless State Parks around Nashville in every direction. http://tnstateparks.com/ If you are camping, we REALLY enjoyed Montgomery Bell State Park about 30 miles west of the heart of downtown.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for an Adventurous couple - traveling this February

Adventureworks zip lining is pretty decent. No really high runs, but lots of them.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for an Adventurous couple - traveling this February

Radnor Lake actually has a number of trails, along and up through the ridges to the north and south of the lake. Some are intermediate to advanced. Warner Parks trails are more numerous and longer, though.

This area is full of challenging hiking outside of Nashville proper. Fiery Gizzard is considered one of the best trails in the country, for example: alltrails.com/trail/…fiery-gizzard-trail

There is also white water rafting on the Ocoee, etc.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for an Adventurous couple - traveling this February

Used to take my dog to Radnor and didn't even think about all those paths in the hills that the pups are not allowed on!

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for an Adventurous couple - traveling this February

Not far from Fiery Gizzard and also a top rated trail is Virgin Falls. Both are great.

You could look into canoeing the Harpeth River. It's a float trip, not white water. A couple of the truly local outfitters are Foggy Bottom and Tip-A-Canoe. Some of the others are run by Nashville based businesses that aren't part of that local community. I've used FB multiple times and am always happy.

Nashville...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips for an Adventurous couple - traveling this February

Beaman Park in the NE area of Nashville has a lot of hiking and Shelby Bottoms, within about 3 miles of downtown is a great greenway.

7. Re: Tips for an Adventurous couple - traveling this February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, February 08, 2015