We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shows

Scranton...
1 post
Save Topic
Shows

Which show is better? The Grand Ole Opry at the Gaylord or Opry Country Classics held at the Ryman.We will be there in mid-October and have the choice of either one. Any information would be helpful.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,561 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shows

Loved the Grand Ole Opry show--and the backstage tour.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shows

I love both, for a first timer attendee, I would spring for the combo-deal & get both tickets. The Classics, features an artist every week, and has a smaller line up & less likely to have a "big name" on the schedule. You'd see the likes of Marty Stuart to Holly Williams along side say Jeannie Seeley & Blackberry Smoke whereas you have a chance of getting a "big name" on the show (on Friday/Saturday night) featuring the above mentioned plus the possibility of "big name" country starts like Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride, etc. You can order the deals online, or call 615`871`OPRY

Edited: 5:26 am, January 08, 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shows

The shows at the Ryman are cool, just because they are the Ryman. I would go there to see some unknown read names out of the phone book! The Country Classics shows are really good anyway, especially if Larry Gatlin is hosting, which, typically is the case. He is so high - energy, you'll have to remind yourself to breathe!

Grand Ole Opry shows at the Opry House can be hit and miss. October is anniversary month, so the line-ups tend to be better, although, that is quite subjective when it comes to determining what a good line-up is versus not so good. My personal opinion is that Tuesday night shows tend to have a higher liklihood of having either a 'bigger' name, or an up-and-comer over a Friday or Saturday night, but like I said, it is totally random.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shows

The Opry is a great time, so do not miss that for sure....

5. Re: Shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 11, 2015