We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

Urbana, Ohio
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

Hi! It has been a while since I have been on Trip Advisor..I could not live without it on first trips to Vegas..But this IS my first trip to Nashville!! And I need help!

Heading to Nashville driving Jan 30th for the Keith Urban concert at Bridgestone on Feb 1st!! So excited! We also want to see the "downtown" music area, bars with music and food, good times!

Ultimate goal is to find it easy to walk, if possible, to one or a taxi ride to the other, if needed , as once we get there, we don't plan to drive again! Love cities with public transportation!

Also, It is Superbowl Weekend..and we plan to hunker down somewhere to catch the game and some food and spirits! We will check out Mon Feb 3rd!

Trying to keep cost at 200.00 or so a night..slightly higher Ok, Slightly lower, even better!! (it is myself and my husband in the young 50 yr old age range)

Any help? I have yet to find a good map that shows where the arena is vs the downtown area..is this referred to as Music Row?.. not even sure what streets that area is on yet! Just getting started in my search!

I really appreciate any kind of help to point us in the right direction!

Thanks!

Lora

Urbana, Ohio
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

Hi again...no responses? Surprising really..

I wanted to add that we have stayed at the Gaylord Opryland in the past. We travelled with a Dallas Cowboy group when playing the Titans years ago! Beautiful hotel! We also have gone to the Opry and Ryman Auditorium. We will be excluding those areas this trip, unless its the only place that can combine location and the Superbowl game at the same time!

The Hermitage, as I have reviewed, seems to be in the area we are looking?? but it is sold out..no rooms at the Inn.. so, any suggestions?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

The destination experts who post in the TA forums are volunteers, so may well take more than 24 hours to respond. Also, most of your questions can be answered by looking through the Nashville pages on TA, reading the FAQ, and searching the forum for previous on-topic posts. That said that:

Bridgestone Arena is in the heart of downtown. It's clearly identified on Google maps, as well as the maps at visitmusiccity.com (visitmusiccity.com/Visitors/tripplanning/map…), parkitdowntown.com, and of course the resources right here on TA.

Downtown is not the same as Music Row. The tourist nightlife zone surrounding the Bridgestone Arena is listed on TA as The District. There are lots of hotels in the area. Specific prices will vary depending on the weekend, time of year, and what conferences are taking place. This is the same part of town where the Ryman is located.

Nashville does not have very good public transportation. However, you can use the free Music City Circut (nashvillemta.org/Nashville-MTA-Music-City-Ci…) to get around the downtown area.

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

We were there recently and stayed at the rennasaince by Marriott. We could see Bridgestone from round window. Just one block up from broadway. Our rooms were just recently redone and very pretty . Great location.

Urbana, Ohio
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

Thanks! I do understand the use of volunteers on the site, I often posted information in a Florida and

Vegas threads to persons with questions..They just are more regularly visited forums with more traffic on the forum . I appreciate the insight and information from those that visit or live in an area we visit!

I did use information from another post prior to your response and did indeed find a website that is very helpful!

I tried the Rennasaince by Marriott, and it too, was booked...looked like it would have been a good option. The Hilton is quite pricey but does have some available rooms, at over 300.00..Indigo and Omni also pricey but I think Indigo came in around the 200.00 mark.

I did use visitmusiccity.com and that is where I found some helpful info, both on maps, locations and some sports bars that could be a place to settle in for Superbowl! (Found on a previous thread by a poster asking questions that he located and then posted information on a thread he asked questions in- in the Forums)

Thanks for the information..will definitely use it all!

As far as public transportation, a taxi is more than we have here available on regular basis in my small town!

Merry Christmas!

Edited: 3:24 pm, December 15, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

depends on what type of hotel your looking for, Ive stayed at Holiday inn express on Broadway, its cheap and cheerful and a short walk to the arena and downtown bars, on my last visit I stayed in Extended stay Vanderbilt, much nicer and a short courtesy van to downtown , its a great area with its own little bar scene

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

Have you explored Priceline? Sometimes deals are a lurking there....

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,909 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

Be careful with Priceline and their definition of "downtown" as they include Metro Center. That's NOT downtown and in a sketchy area. If you use Priceline, I believe I've seen posted here that the trick is to search for 3.5 stars and higher to stay out of Metro Center, but I don't have 1st hand experience with that.

Urbana, Ohio
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

I will check more into the Holiday Inn Express and The Extended Stay...I think it was Homewood or something with "Home" in it that may have been near Vanderbilt that was quite reasonable in cost but I did not know locations of things at the time..need to do some more research on that!

Priceline, for this trip, I have not but we have used one time in the past..don't remember to where, husband did it..it worked out ok, I am not much of a risk taker, husband is..maybe he can do some digging there but stick 3.5 or higher for the search!

One of things I didn't list as being important before but really is something we look for is that there is a bar/restaurant/food on site..room service not needed so much, but we do like a drink before we go up for the night and breakfast, even continental, to start..most seem to have that option but the bar/food is not always on site..

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

Whoops my mistake it was Home2 suites I stayed at - extended stay was somewhere else - Home 2 is part of Hilton group, super nice staff, they do a breakfast down stairs but no bar, they do have room service provided by Hilton and all rooms have small kitchenette, there is an awesome cocktail bar a cross the road

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Nashville, Hotel Request, Bridgestone, Bars

Hampton Inn & Suites at 4th Ave & Korean War Veterans Blvd, Hyatt Place (brand new) on 3rd Ave are other options. Good places to watch SB 48 downtown will be Bailey's, Rock Bottom, Hooters, bar at the Omni, Merchants and probably many more.