We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

My husband and I will be visiting Nashville at the end of the month and would love some recommendations for restaurants/bars where we might brush elbows with local celebrities. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

Well ....

Keith & Nicole like the Green Hills area on Sunday mornings. They were at J. Alexander's Tuesday on West End.

Vince Gill likes the Pancake Pantry or can been seen at most any golf course around Nashville.

John Rich when in town is alway on West End, look for the black Corvette. He used to be a regular at Longhorn's on Lyle St.

Kid Rock, when in town can be found at one on Nashville Gentlemen's Clubs. Until he is back with Pam, then they like to eat at Valentino's on West End.

Darryl Worley, likes lunch at Ted's Montana Grill.

Justin Timberlake likes Bread & co.

Garth Brooks was a regular at the Sonic Drive In on Dickerson Rd in Bellshire. His ex-wife Sandy found out that you can not drive a dually truck thru the drive in window.

Lori Morgan and Sammy Kershaw like to shop at Rivergate Mall.

Lori goes without make up and wears oversized clothes.

Most any of the high end restaurants and Starbucks in the Vandy/West End or Cool Springs Area you might have a shot at seeing a star. Week nights are best, as they don't keep the same hours as the normal working class.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,223 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Valentino's Ristorante
Valentino's Ristorante
229 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Rivergate Mall
Rivergate Mall
23 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

Williamson County will probably be your best bet. The Franklin area.

To continue on....

Kenny Chesney likes PF Changs in Cool Springs and has been spotted there quite a bit.

Nicole Kidman likes the Starbucks at 5 points in Franklin, along with the Country Boy restaurant in Liepers Fork, and she and Keith have been seen at J. Alexanders.

We saw Keith Urban at the Franklin Farmers Market about a month ago and have been told he goes there quite often (every Saturday morning through October...get there early).

Saw Tim McGraw & Faith Hill at a dive shop I go to in Franklin. Tim also held the door open for my wife & daughter at the AMC theatres in Cool Springs.

Carrie Underwood just moved into Fieldstone Farms in Franklin and has been spotted in the Publix grocery in her subdivision.

I saw racecar driver Darrell Waltrip at Famous Daves BBQ and at J. Alexanders.

Supermodel Niki Taylor recently opened the upscale clothing boutique Abbie & Jesse's in Cool Springs

Faith Hill has been seen shopping at The Iron Gate on Main Street in Franklin and Leiper's Fork's Serenite Maison

If you do spot any celebs here, you will find it is no big deal. Not to sound cocky, but it's more 'hey, there's so and so', and we go on with our lives. No paparizzi, no mobs, etc.

Good luck with your search, and welcome to Nashville.

Mentioned in this post
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

And the one obvious spot that all of them will visit- the Nashville airport. They come and go just like the rest of us.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville Airport Inn & Suites
Nashville Airport Inn...
263 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

"If you do spot any celebs here, you will find it is no big deal. Not to sound cocky, but it's more 'hey, there's so and so', and we go on with our lives. No paparizzi, no mobs, etc. "

That's what I find so intriguing about Nashville, and in particular, the country music scene. While the rest of the entertainment industry (movies, tv, other music, etc.) is almost entirely centered around Hollywood/Los Angeles and all the glitz that comes with it, Nashville kind of does it's own thing. Country music is part of the entertainment industry, yet is separate from the rest of industry. Am I making sense?

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,150 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

Hi

Go on the Nashtrash tour, you will be amazed at the number of 'celebrities' they manage to find.

Jackie

Mentioned in this post
NashTrash Tours
NashTrash Tours
1,673 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Tennessee
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

Nashville is full of celebs, and I agree with the previous poster. Its no big deal. But it is fun to see them out and about!

Almost every celeb who lives in Brentwood/Franklin is a member of the Y.

I've met Joe Nichols a couple of times at Jonathans in Cool Springs.

Naomi Judd likes to shop at the Factory in Franklin.

I've been to the pancake pantry a total of three times and I've seen Vince Gill there every time. Either I've got great timing, or he really likes it there. I saw Miranda Lambert there as well.

Lunch at the Sunset Grille.. record producers and future recording artists all over the place.

But there are 2 places you're guaranteed to see someone .. Bluebird Cafe and the Grand Ole Opry.

If you do run in to one of your favorites, smile and say hello. Be friendly, but dont fuss over them. Thats so un-Nashville. ;)

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Brentwood
Brentwood
Tennessee
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
The Bluebird Cafe
The Bluebird Cafe
787 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Grand Ole Opry
Grand Ole Opry
10,512 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Tennessee
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

Nashville is full of celebs, and I agree with the previous poster. Its no big deal. But it is fun to see them out and about!

Almost every celeb who lives in Brentwood/Franklin is a member of the Y.

I've met Joe Nichols a couple of times at Jonathans in Cool Springs.

Naomi Judd likes to shop at the Factory in Franklin.

I've been to the pancake pantry a total of three times and I've seen Vince Gill there every time. Either I've got great timing, or he really likes it there. I saw Miranda Lambert there as well.

Lunch at the Sunset Grille.. record producers and future recording artists all over the place.

But there are 2 places you're guaranteed to see someone .. Bluebird Cafe and the Grand Ole Opry.

If you do run in to one of your favorites, smile and say hello. Be friendly, but dont fuss over them. Thats so un-Nashville. ;)

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Brentwood
Brentwood
Tennessee
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
The Bluebird Cafe
The Bluebird Cafe
787 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Grand Ole Opry
Grand Ole Opry
10,512 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Woodinville...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

I once saw Amy Grant at the check out line at Kroger in Belle Meade. She's a lot taller that I thought she would be. And surprisingly, no one was clamoring over her or asking for her autograph. It was pretty cool.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

I've run into Jack White at the Starbucks on the square in Franklin. He's not country music, but I guess he counts as local at this point. Also have seen a fair number of folks sitting in the background of shows at the Basement (EmmyLou Harris, Rodney Crowell, Todd Snider, Will Kimbrough, etc.). Ran into Johnny Cash at the WalMart in Hendersonville once, but I don't guess that'll happen again...

Mentioned in this post
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
The Basement
The Basement
20 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Hendersonville
Hendersonville
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
172 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best places to go for possible celebrity sightings?

Here's my list:

1. Sunset Grill at lunch during the week

2. Bread & Company or Starbucks in Green Hills before 7 AM

3. Pancake Pantry before 8 AM

4. Layla R'ul (weekend nights)

5. Lot 7 (weekend nights)

6. Play Dance Bar (Sat. night)

Mentioned in this post
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,223 Reviews
Nashville, TN