We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville Trip Report..Mon-Friday 15-19thApril....finally!!!

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Nashville Trip Report..Mon-Friday 15-19thApril....finally!!!

Hi all

Ok so its taken me two months since I returned home to Australia but Im finally up to date with all of other lifes issues and ready to write down my report for all the others ready to research and hit Nashville!

First this is a really FUN city we had so much fun and loved it

Day 1

Arrived Monday around 6.30pm from LAX. The city was very busy at the huge benefit concert for the Hall of Fame hosted by Keith Urban with every major artist was performing in town the next day. The city was full of extra buzz, so we where pretty happy about that

We checked into our hotel, Hilton right on fourt, behind the Hall of Fame. We then walked on up to Broadway where all the fun begins and ends!!

We where in a great mood and so was the city. We hit various bars, including Wildhorse Saloon, Roberts Western Wear Whiskey Bent, The Stage and Legends & Tootsies. We got something to eat somewhere but cant remember where, possibly too many drinks in to worry about that!! We had a blast on our first night in town, walked back to our hotel, which was literally a 2 minute walk from Broadway around 2am I guess

Day 2

We had a hire car so we took off after breakfast around 10am for Lynchburg to Jack Daniels Distillery. This is a free tour and it was excellent. We arrived around 11am and did the tour half hour later. Once the tour was over, we drove into the township of Lynchburg which is like stepping back in time!! Its very old quaint and quiet! We had lunch at the local bakery, went in the local stores bought a few gifts and took our time. We left the area around 3pm as the local school buses (there would have been 15 or so) blocked off the road (seriously like a police road block) whilst they went to the school to collect the school kids. This was interesting and we sat in the town with a coffee and watched time go by in this old fashioned way.

We left the area and got back into town around 4pm I guess. It was happy hour so we dropped our car at hotel and walked into Broadway again where we went to one of the rooftop bars and spent a few hours snacking, drinking, and listening to music. This was the night of the big concert, so this early the bars where quite, but the town was full. We sat on the rooftop terrace and could hear everything from the Bridgestone Arena.

We left later in the evening as all the crowds where coming out and went back to our hotel tired and spent, but happy!

Day 3

This morning we did the Hall of Fame tour and the RCA Studio B tour which was really good. The staff at the Hall of Fame where all on highs, talking about the concert from last night and they where still on there cloud 9's!!

This finished around 12.30 and we went and got some lunch on broadway. We did some shopping bought a pair of boots each. We dropped our purchases at the hotel and then went to the Ryman for a walk through tour. This was very impressive and well worth doing when in Nashville. By now , you guessed it, its 4pm and thats happy hour again!! ha ha. So you know how this afternoon/evening panned out? We did some bar hopping and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine of Nashville on the rooftop bars

Day 4...final day

We had our car and we drove off to Bowling Green kentucky, 1 hour north to visit the Corvette Museum as hubby is a huge chev car fanatic. This is a very good museum for a car enthusiast. I had done my research prior to going, and whilst in the area we went to go to Mamonth Caves. We arrived but the next tour that we wanted to do was over 2 hours wait!! We left and found Diamond caverns not far away, it was much smaller operation and very personal tour. We waited in a foyer area of the home whilst another couple arrived. The tours leave every 30 minutes so you never wait longer than that. The tour was just enough for us, about 1 hour, we felt we had seen enough, it was interesting, but not too much that it bored us

After this is was late afternoon so we headed back to Nashville. We parked our car at hotel and for a change, we showered and got ready and decided to have a nicer dinner than the hotel style meals on Broadway. There was an Italian restuarant accross the road from the Hampton Inn we noticed as we drove in. It was called Sole Mio and we asked concirege and they said it was good. Well good was an understatement. The meal was fanastic, and one we needed. Bar food after 3 days gets you feeling a little unhealthy!! The food was fresh, the service was excellent and friendly, and prices where reasonable for what we received. Of course a lot more than what we had been eating, but this was real food!!

We went back to our room and had an early night, catching up on emails, washing, and news and prepared for our departure the next day

Upon check out at breakfast we had about 2 hours to kill until we needed to drive to airport to drop hire car off and get flight od Dallas. We drove to Bicentennial Park

and checked out Parthenon and Statue

This was a great trip to Nashville. We loved everything about it. Very fun but wholesome city. We love the southern states and this is one we will remember

Thanks for haveing us Nashville, it was great meeting you!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville Trip Report..Mon-Friday 15-19thApril....finally!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post the trip report - glad you had a great time here in Nashville!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
330 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville Trip Report..Mon-Friday 15-19thApril....finally!!!

Thanks for writing your review! "All for the Hall" is the concert that Keith Urban does every year for the benefit of the Country Music Hall of Fame! It is a wonderful concert that all the big names love to do!

Y'all come back now, ya here?

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville Trip Report..Mon-Friday 15-19thApril....finally!!!

we will be back !! We loved Nashville and had so much fun . I want to bring my friends and have a huge party!!!

4. Re: Nashville Trip Report..Mon-Friday 15-19thApril....finally!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 19, 2014