We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

Need expert advice. If I am going downtown for the night, where is the cheapest parking and how far in advance should I arrive? I have been told it's difficult to find parking and pricey. Any information will be most appreciated.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

You will always be able to find parking, but you may be paying $20 for the spot. Not much in the way of free parking.

Here is a link to a map of downtown parking. The library is the cheapest, but of course it can fill up, depending on what is happening that night.

http://parkitdowntown.com/

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

If there is an event at Bridgestone Arena, free parking is available at LP Field across the river. Easy walk across the Shelby Pedestrian Bridge or shuttle for $3 per person. Otherwise Library garage for $5 between 6th & 7th between Church & Commerce.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

Meters are free after 6 pm Monday-Saturday and all day Sunday. Some days when i dont mind the walk, I will park for free after hours at the state employee lot (in the spots that aren't numbered) off Charlotte Ave & Rosa Parks Ave.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

Meters are always free (24x7) for anyone with a handicap placard or plate.

I usually use the library garage if I go during the day or can't find an open meter after hours.

Edited: 12:14 pm, July 01, 2013
B D
Waterloo, Ontario...
Level Contributor
4 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

We are staying at the KOA by Opryland, would it make more sense for us to take a cab, and if so, what would the estimated cost be?

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

About $25 each way, plus $1 per person, plus tip. It will be cheaper to drive than take a cab, but if everyone wants to drink downtown, get the cab.

B D
Waterloo, Ontario...
Level Contributor
4 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

Thanks for the information, it is very helpful

J M
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

$10 We found a garage close to everything, close to Commerce and 6th behind McKendree Methodist Church which is at 523 Church Street. Managed by Premier parking. Best deal we have found. Good to get to Broadway, Ryman and Bridgestone Arena.

$15 at Suntrust Plaza parking garage. 401 Commerce Street. There is a Panera Bread on the first floor. Also very close to everything.

We have never paid more than $10 or $15 for parking. There is free parking but usually a pretty far walk to where you want to be. Available meters are impossible to find. During the day, I park in the library's garage. They validate for a free hour.

Texas
Level Contributor
443 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

We found a $6. parking garage on 3rd between Commerce & Church.

acworth, ga
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking - Downtown Nashville, TN

Nashville is quickly becoming worthless unless your highly invested in country music.... there's nothing else here. Skip it