We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ground Transportaion

Bridgeview, Illinois
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ground Transportaion

Is Ground Transportaion from airport to Music City Circle available like shuttles or do you need to rent a car? Would you need a car to visit the Gran Ole Opry and Music City Hall of Fame?

naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ground Transportaion

Just saw your post, and if I can put in a bit of info from what I have gathered while reading this forum for our upcoming trip..... Taxis are available from the airport to your hotel. Perhaps your hotel offers a free or lower priced shuttle - you would have to check with the hotel. If you want a shuttle - shared ride - ask the hotel or post on this board for a recomendation.

To visit the GOO - you could take a taxi - since from my understanding, and reading the posts here, it is not 'downtown.' If you are staying at the Gaylord Resort - that seems to be walkable distance. But, the Gaylord is not downtown.

I do recall reading the past few days a post where someone explained and gave the various approximate taxi fares for the area. Basically, you would have to add up how much you would spend in taxis vs car rental. And, a lot depends on where you are staying, etc. Do a search of this forum (just about your posting in the (search) box of key words - taxi/car/ etc..... or just run through a few pages of posts to discover that detailed posting regarding taxi fares.

Also, you might get better replies/information if you do post where you are staying so the DEs and locals can better assist you.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ground Transportaion

The airport has a web page that lists all the ground transportation options from there to elsewhere:

flynashville.com/ground-transportation/Pages…

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ground Transportaion

I'm not sure what you mean by "Music City Circle". There's no place in Nashville that goes by that name. If you're referring to the tourism zone where the neon and honky tonks are located, that's downtown along Broadway and taxis are a flat rate from the airport to the downtown hotels as described in TFerrell's link. The Country Music Hall of Fame is located downtown and is walkable from any hotel in downtown.

The Grand Ole Opry is a show, not a place. It is sometimes held at The Ryman Auditorium downtown (again, walkable from downtown hotels) but is usually playing at The Grand Ole Opry House. You'd need a car or a taxi to get there from downtown.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ground Transportaion

It's the Country Music Hall of Fame, not the Music City Hall of Fame - and it is located downtown in the honky-tonk district. The Grand Ole Opry is, as mentioned, held at two locations, depending on the time of year I believe. If you plan to attend, you should check to see which location they will be using when you visit and plan accordingly. The Ryman is the original Opry House and is downtown near the Hall of Fame and the honky-tonk area. The new Opry House is out by the Gaylord/Opryland Hotel.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ground Transportaion

Music City Circle, the street out by Opryland Hotel? If so, getting a ocab there from the airport should be easy. If that's where you're staying and the Opry is playing at the Opry House, it's pretty close to your hotel. It is not convenient to the Country Music Hall of Fame or the downtown area.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ground Transportaion

I was wondering that too wallace, but that's Music Valley Drive. There's also Music Row which begins at "the circle" of the dancing naked people statue, but there's nothing to see or do there.

7. Re: Ground Transportaion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 19, 2014