We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with a nice city view

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
157 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with a nice city view

We're headed to Nashville (from Chattanooga) to see The Lion King in May and are going to make a weekend out of it.

One thing that I'd really like is to stay at a hotel with a nice view. Somewhere where, if we stay up high, we'll be able to look out our window or balcony at night and see the lit up skyscrapers/skyline around us.

Preferably we'd like to keep it in the downtown area near the nightlife/restaurants, and have it be reasonably affordable ($150-$250/night on the high end if possible). Is there somewhere in Nashville that's known for having great views from the rooms?

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with a nice city view

Well, if you are staying downtown, then you're not going to be able to see the skyline because you will be IN the skyline. If you want a panoramic view of the downtown buildings, you'll want to stay in the West End / Vanderbilt area. There are several tall hotels that would give you a decent vantage point if your room is on the right side of the building. You might also consider the Holiday Inn Express or Union Station -- neither are very tall but might give you a good view.

If you simply want to be in the tallest hotel in the downtown area, that would be the Renaissance.

DOVER
Level Contributor
9 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with a nice city view

I think the Rennasance hotel has the best city views, ive stayed in almost every hotel downtown and im not sure if there is one hotel that has a breathtaking view of Nashville, The Rennassance had a great view everytime we stayed there, its pricey sometimes depending if there is anything going on at the bridgestone, runs about 200.00 anight on a off night. It defineltey is one of the closest walks to downtown to all the happenings and bars!

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with a nice city view

Consider a room on the north side of the Hutton Hotel facing the Downtown skyline rising atop the elevated ground it is built on. I'm sure about the rates there.

Edited: 11:25 pm, May 01, 2013
Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with a nice city view

Upper level of the Hutton Hotel on the side that looks towards downtown. Or you could also do Hotel Indigo on West End (a lot less expensive) and stay on an upper level facing downtown. Another option would be upper level of the Hilton, but you would have to make sure that you've got a city view as well there....it might be fairly limited. But Hotel Indigo on West End has a small rooftop patio that has a great view overlooking downtown!

Maine
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with a nice city view

I agree that you'll be in the skyline if you're as close to downtown as possible. Reneaissance will give you good views though, assuming you're facing downtown. Decent rooms, decent price and a block from downtonwn. Be warned though, the music from the street can be heard pretty heavily at night.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
157 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with a nice city view

Unfortunately it looks like most of those hotels (and most of all the downtown hotels, really) are actually full. The couple that are available are ~$300+ per night. I wonder if there is something going on that weekend or if Nashville is just always packed up.

So, removing the downtown walkable requirement and pushing out into taxi/driving territory, what would be my next best bet for a nice view (hopefully with reasonable rates)?

Edited: 10:31 pm, May 07, 2013
US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with a nice city view

As already mentioned, the Vanderbilt /West End area. If that's out of your price range, I can't think of any other cluster of tourist-appropriate hotels that are going to give you the view you are looking for. The next closest affordable area is the airport.

8. Re: Hotel with a nice city view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 09, 2014