We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Nashville - what to do

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
76 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Nashville - what to do

Hello! My best friend and I are in our mid-20s and thinking about taking a weekend trip to Nashville in late February.

We have never been to this part of the country and have no idea what to expect/what to do while we're there. Any suggestions?

We're planning to stay at a Marriott downtown, and not rent a car unless we absolutely need to. Is Nashville a walkable city? What is the nightlife like?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Nashville - what to do

Nashville has lots to offer, and it's hard to give specific advice without knowing what you're interested in! You mention nightlife - are you into live music (country, singer-songwriter, Americana, rock, hip-hop), tourist honky tonks, artisan cocktails, college handouts, dive bars, conspicuously tattooed hipsters, etc.? The downtown tourist corridor is walkable, as are certain neighborhoods- again, depends on what you're into.

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Nashville - what to do

I'm coming to Nashville in early May for a long weekend with a group of Ladies.

Can someone suggest where to stay, Downtown or near Opryland? And do we need a car? Thanks!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Nashville - what to do

Check out the FAQ and the forum search function for lots of info on both these questions.

4. Re: First time in Nashville - what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 28, 2014