We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day With Concert With Shopping & Restaurant

Level Contributor
122 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
One Day With Concert With Shopping & Restaurant

Hope someone can answer a couple of questions I have. We are coming to Nashville next week for a concert, will be there just the one day. We are coming up early so I can do some Christmas shopping. The concert is at the Bridgestone. Where would be the best place to go for shopping around there, or just the best place in Nashville for Christmas shopping? Also, before the concert we were going to have dinner around 5. What is the best place to eat around the Bridgestone? We were looking for seafood if at all possible. One more, How far in advance do you need to arrive for the concert to avoid crowds/traffic? Thanks so much!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day With Concert With Shopping & Restaurant

Without knowing what type of shopping you're looking for I'd say Green Hills Mall would be your best bet. It's about a 10 minute drive from the Downtown area. I don't think any of the downtown restaurants are particularly known as seafood places (other than Joe's Crab Shack...) but Sole Mio, the Southern, and Etch are all very good and I would guess each has a fish dish on the menu.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day With Concert With Shopping & Restaurant

What Wallace said. Other than the Joe's chain, I was going to suggest The Southern.

The Mall at Green Hills is definitely a destination shopping area -- not your normal mall. People travel to Green Hills from throughout the region. I would say, however, that getting downtown from Green Hills will probably take significantly more than 10 mins given the time of day & time of year.

If you want something more ... average ... look at Opry Mills. For local boutique shopping: Hillsboro Village, The Gulch, Edgehill Village, 12South.

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day With Concert With Shopping & Restaurant

I would further the opinion that Green Hills to downtown is significantly longer than 10 mins. I would say 30 mins at a minimum due to traffic. Another option for dinner is Big River Grill. It's moderately priced at mainly $12-$18 meals, some less and more. Have a few good seafood meals, ie shrimp & grits. Standard is a little pricey. As for parking- do a search for "Best Ever Event Parking" and use that service- free to park and walk or $3 per person to ride shuttle. Park across river at Titans stadium, easy in & out.

Level Contributor
122 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day With Concert With Shopping & Restaurant

Thanks! Opry Mills, I think is going to be the mall we are going to. We have been to many different Joes and do enjoy that, but was really looking for something different. The Big River City Grille looks good, we may try that out.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day With Concert With Shopping & Restaurant

Big River is a chain, like Joe's. It's typical brew-pub food. Cold beer, decent burgers, fish & chips, etc. Nothing special.

Other local Nashville restaurants like Jack's BBQ, Demos' Steak & Spaghetti, or Puckett's would be on my list of places for a casual dinner. They're not high-end like The Southern, or The Capitol Grille, but tasty and convenient.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day With Concert With Shopping & Restaurant

One more tip. Plan 30-45 min from Opry Mills to downtown. Normally it's only about 10-15 minutes, but if you time it wrong and get caught up in the outflow from one of the seasonal shows in the Opryland complex, it could take 20 just to get out of the parking lot.

7. Re: One Day With Concert With Shopping & Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 17, 2013