We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls trip - few questions

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mt Pleasant, SC
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Girls trip - few questions

We are a group of 6-10 35 year olds looking to do a 2 or 3 night trip to Nashville in late February. Any suggestions welcome.

Lodging: Hermitage or the Hutton? Or others if you think I missed a great one.

Restuarants: Nicer and more casual suggestions welcome. We are hoping Husk will have opened by then, but are up for one big dinner for sure and then something more low key, but still nice evenign meal.

Is there a good website or weekly paper that would help us find what activities/concerts/festivals/ etcetera will be going on in town while we are there?

Any other suggestions welcome as well. We are really looking forward to it. Thanks in advance!

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls trip - few questions

I would recommend Silo and City House for sure. Both are slightly upscale but bring a good southern charm. I would also recommend the Holland House, the Pharmacy, and Burger Up. For drinks, Holland House and Patterson House are my top choices for cocktails. South South Taproom for beer.

The Nashville Scene is the best source of weekly activities although I wish there was a better website out there.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls trip - few questions

Both hotels are great, opposite ends of the spectrum style-wise. You might inquire about room size at each place. The room I saw at the Hutton was rather small. This might matter if you have 3-4 per room. The Hermitage is downtown, which makes walking to the honky tonk bars easy, if that's your thing. It sounds like you are not wed to downtown-only activities.

Try Monell's in Germantown (close to downtown) for lunch or weekend brunch. I agree with the above dinner suggestions. Check out Virago, The Southern, Margot, Germantown Cafe, all good for dinner.

Have you thought about a Nash Trash tour? Lots of fun with a big group.

Mt Pleasant, SC
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls trip - few questions

Thank you both so much! Those sound lovely. Can't wait to explore your city. Will look into them all, including the Nash Trash Tour.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls trip - few questions

All of the previously-recommended restaurants are awesome. You can add to the list:

Capitol Grille (Sean Brock was chef there before he lit out for Charleston, and he remains buddies with the staff there as well as with the chefs at City House, Catbird Seat, and Lockeland Table.) Also: Etch, Eastland Cafe, Flyte, ChaChah. Also check out the food court at the Farmer's Market, esp on Saturday.

Edited: 3:46 pm, October 31, 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls trip - few questions

You guys will have a blast! :) I love the Hermitage Hotel, and if you are looking to splurge for a wonderful hotel, this would be the one! The Hutton is nice, it's just not downtown near everything. I don't know what your plans are, but if you want to be downtown at all I would suggest going with the Hermitage. Another favorite is the Hilton, and the rooms are bigger than the Hermitage. It's on 4th. :)

My favorite restaurant is Kayne Prime; it looks like it's in a very random spot of town, but it's AMAZING. Wonderful food. A little pricey but if you are looking for a nice night out check this out! I've also heard wonderful things about The Southern, though I haven't been there yet. Casual suggestions would be Pucketts (always great music) Dan McGuiness, Pancake Pantry for breakfast (don't miss this!), and Burger Up.

Have fun!

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls trip - few questions

Actually Kayne Prime is not in a "random spot" but an area known as The Gulch, which has slowly transformed from an industrial/warehouse district to a mixed living/entertainment district. It is packed with restaurants, bars, shops, condos, and the like. Kayne Prime specifically is located near two other restaurants owned by the same restaurant group: Virago and Whiskey Kitchen. The space that Kayne occupies was formerly Radius 10, another well-regarded restaurant that was part of the transformation of the area.

7. Re: Girls trip - few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 21, 2013