We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
78 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Okay. I'm going to Nashville next week and have a couple of restaurant questions.

We're definitely going to Loveless Cafe one morning for breakfast. Will we need reservations on a Thursday or Friday morning?

Meat and Threes: Elliston's, Rotiers and Monell's -- should we try to make it to all three? If we can't (we're only staying 3 nights), preferences?

Other restaurants: BBQ places? We're staying downtown, but will have a car.

Thanks for all of your help!

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

We were in Nashville 2 weeks ago and had breakfast at Pancake Pantry. IT was really good. We both had ham (nice size piece, eggs,3 pancakes, 1 coffee, 1 tea, shared a side of hashbrowns. Total bill, including tip, was $30. Very good, homecooked food. We got there on a Friday morning about 9 am and had a 30 minute wait.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Unless they've changed their ways, the Loveless doesn't take reservations for small parties. You shouldn't have a horrible wait on a weekday, though.

Jack's is a great barbecue place that's right downtown on Broadway.

Have a great time!!

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

No reservations necessary for Loveless cafe, should not have too long a wait, if at all, during the week.

As for burgers, haven't been to Monell's, between Rotiers and Elliston, I would go Rotiers. BBQ: Jacks on Broadway. If you want ribs, a local chain is Calhouns and I think they have very good ribs.

Anything listed should be very good.

Have fun, and welcome to Nashville.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

I did JAck's for the first time a few weeks ago. Wow!!!. Best smelling place I have ever eaten and the q is out of this world. Coincidentally I did Loveless for the frist time 2 weekends ago and it it worth the hype, if not the wait. I waited only 5 minutes for a late breakfast though. Do not skip either place.

If you are driving around Nashville and spot a Fat Mo's, that is where you should get your burger.

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
78 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Thanks for the replies. We are leaving tomorrow morning and plan on having a great time!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Wjhat's a place the locals enjoy for "family style" lunch or dinner?

Also, a good place good for ribs. I saw some mention of Calhoun's. Recommended?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Josh,

Monell's is THE place for a family style lunch or dinner (even breakfast on the weekends). They have a website, google Monell's Nashville.

Rib places: Calhoun's, Corky's, Mothership BBQ

Have fun!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Thanks, Tnvolgal. Do I need reservations on a weekend?

Don't hold it against me that I'm a Gator.

9. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, August 19, 2009