We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel From Nashville to Fulton Kentucky

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel From Nashville to Fulton Kentucky

Can you please tell me how we can get from Nashville to Fulton to pick up the Amtrak? We are travelling from Australia to America in September/October. We arrive in Nashville on the 8th October and we are staying for three nights. Any information you can assist us with would be greatly appreciated.

Ronnie and Wayne Parker

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel From Nashville to Fulton Kentucky

I think in the end it will be easier to travel to Memphis to catch the same train. There are plenty of bus opportunites to Memphis as well as the possibility for one-way car hire.

Nashville
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel From Nashville to Fulton Kentucky

a lot of the map sites offer to give driving directions from address 1 to address 2

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel From Nashville to Fulton Kentucky

If it were me, I would go from Nashville to the Newbern Station by Dyersburg, and here's why:

you don't have to deal with Memphis traffic. thus, you won't have to deal with downtown Memphis, finding where you are going, finding parking, probably paying some ungodly amount for parking each day, and is it safe.

If you go to Newbern, it is actually a little shorter by car than Memphis. It is a small town, so should be easy to find the train station. I would also think being a small town, parking would be less expensive, a little easier to find, and your car more secure.

Probably fewer people getting on/off at the Newbern stations, and perhaps not as many questionable people hanging around.

My 2 cents...

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel From Nashville to Fulton Kentucky

It appears that in this situation that the person asking is making a one-way trip to the train station, whereever it may be. If they are interested in coming back to Nashville, then a trip to the trin stations in South Fulton or Dyersburg would be effective, if they have a car they do not mind leaving at the trains station. I would bet though based on the location of the person with the question that they are paa through traveler.

Memphis was brought up as convenient for a passer-through since you can get one-way transportation more easily to there instead of South Fulton or Dyersburg. Plus Memphis is more interesting than either of the other two place (no offense).

Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel From Nashville to Fulton Kentucky

Thank you everyone who responded...you have been of immense help, we are passing through and we will be flying to Memphis to pick up the train. Once again thank you.