We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is Nashville during the holidays?

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crestwood, Kentucky
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How is Nashville during the holidays?

Is Nashville already decorated during Thanksgiving? Does anybody know of a great place for a family Thanksgiving dinner? Thanks for your help!

Memphis
Level Contributor
673 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is Nashville during the holidays?

I don't know about downtown and other areas but the Opryland Hotel is all decked out beginning Thanksgiving weekend. Quite a thing to see inside and out. Traffic can be backed up, especially with the mall next door. I haven't seen it in a few years so I guess there is a chance it has changed but I wouldn't think so.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
75 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is Nashville during the holidays?

A friend of mine is doing a tour of Opryland Hotel Country Christmas and and of Galt House in Louisville. The description of the hotel decorations sounds like a wonderland. The tour in Dec 4-7 and I understand it's decorated right after Thanksgiving. Her newsletter says the Rockettes will be preforming.

Nashville, TN
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How is Nashville during the holidays?

Opryland Hotel is a great place to visit. The Christmas decorations are beautiful. However traffic can get a little backed up in that area due to the mall next door. Also, Opryland charges for parking. They have both indoor and outdoor Christmas decorations. As for somewhere to have Thanksgiving Dinner, almost everything short of Denny's is closed on Thanksgiving.