We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying downtown with 2 teen girls in March

Florida
Level Contributor
191 posts
347 reviews
Save Topic
Staying downtown with 2 teen girls in March

Can I please get some suggestions for a hotel downtown that isn't extraordinarily expensive, located so that we can walk safely around and at night? I have searched different hotels and they are quite pricey, plus I don't know how far I can venture to be able to walk back after exploring all day by foot. Many thanks!

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying downtown with 2 teen girls in March

Unfortunately, Nashville's popularity has outpaced our ability to build hotels. There are no inexpensive hotels downtown. If you'll check hotels along West End Avenue near Vanderbilt University, you should see lower prices. They're not "cheap", but they're more reasonable than downtown. Many hotels in that area offer free shuttles to/from downtown. Check with the hotels directly to be sure. That's sometimes but not always mentioned as an amenity on their websites. Just because it isn't listed doesn't mean a hotel doesn't have one. You may need to call an individual hotel directly and ask. If a hotel doesn't offer a shuttle, it's a cheap ($5-$7'ish) taxi or Uber ride from most hotels there to downtown.

Florida
Level Contributor
191 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying downtown with 2 teen girls in March

Thank you - I actually was looking in that area (there are two Marriott properties and a new Home2 Hilton) and thought it looked pretty walkable all over and they do have shuttles. Thinking of touring Vanderbilt and then exploring the downtown area by foot. Seems pretty crazy that parking is $26 a night that far away from downtown, but then again, I have never been to Nashville.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying downtown with 2 teen girls in March

Yeah, that's pretty normal. Although the nightly room rates drop when you go from downtown to West End, the parking rates do not.

4. Re: Staying downtown with 2 teen girls in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 28, 2018