We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to MOVE to Mtn City!

Champions Gate...
1 post
Save Topic
I want to MOVE to Mtn City!

and I've never even BEEN there!! I have been after my husband to move out of Florida forever!! Neither one of us like living here, we live just outside Orlando. Only problem is JOBS! We need a job for my husband!! I have read all the posts on Mtn City and I can't wait to see it! We have friends that live in Boone and tell us that Mtn City is the place for us!!

We will make it there.....someday. Until then, take care of it for us!!! I can't wait to get there!! I feel it's the perfect place to raise a family and live!!

I envy all of you that live there!!!

Central Florida
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: I want to MOVE to Mtn City!

Mountain City is a great place to live. It's a small town, very laid back. The county seat for Johnson County, so the courthouse is right down town.

The weather is really great, although it can get pretty cold and snowy during the winter, so if your not used to driving on icey snowy roads, it can be a bit scary.

The summers are usually mild with very low humidity and cool nights. One amazing thing is I don't remember ever seing a mosquito, even at night.

As far as employment goes, that can be a bit challenging. I don't know your age group or what type of employment you are looking for so you may need to check employment opps in the Johnson City area (about a 40 minute drive from Mountain City. Boone, North Carolina is a college town and may also have more employment opps. Boone is also about a 40 minute drive from Mnt City. It is just over the Tn./N.C State lines. A "straight" shot on Hwy 421 from Mnt. City to Boone.

The largest employer in Johnson County (Mnt. City) is North East Correctional Complex (Tennessee Dept. of Corrections.) The facility is about 5 miles out of town on Hwy 67. They are usually hiring pretty often. If hired they send you to the academy for six weeks of training (can come home on weekends) and you are paid from the day you are hired (which means while training at the academy.)

As far as "housing" there are some apartment complexes that rent and always houses for rent or sale in the area. I would suggest living outside the city limits mainly for the views. The Jenkins Hollow Road area is nice...only about 3 miles from downtown and nice and quiet with rolling hills and fenced pastures and hay fields.

Hope things work out so you can move soon, you'll love the area.

Get answers to your questions about Mountain City