We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sole on the ocean- help!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sole on the ocean- help!

Hello, I am thinking of booking this hotel in august. I've heard the rooms are small but are they still comfortable enough for my wife and I to have a good sleep and watch tv?

Also, we do not have a car and would like to travel often to south beach. Would this take a long time and are there any bus options.

Thank you in advance.

Mike.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,998 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sole on the ocean- help!

This hotel is on Collins Avenue and 173rd St.

The "S" and "120" buses service this area to South Beach

The ride is probably about 30-40 minutes +/-

Other Options:

www.endless-vacation-rentals.com/main.taf…

Mentioned in this post
Collins Avenue
Collins Avenue
4,713 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
South Beach
South Beach
17,241 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
sim
Sunny Isles Beach,FL
Level Contributor
521 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sole on the ocean- help!

The only thing that I would be concerned about the Sole is that most of all the reviews are written by individuals that have only written one review and that is on the Sole. Very suspicious as to who is writing thses reviews.

If you look at other travel sites the reviews are not faverable at all.

The travel by bus to south beach is closer to an hour one way with all the stops.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sole on the ocean- help!

Yes I totally agree with you.

Why is it that they do not show any pictures of the small room and only the suite? This is very misleading!

4. Re: Sole on the ocean- help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:27 am, June 16, 2011
Edited: 10:27 am, June 16, 2011
5. Re: Sole on the ocean- help!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:27 am, June 16, 2011
Edited: 10:27 am, June 16, 2011
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,281 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sole on the ocean- help!

I've never stayed at or visited this hotel, so can't help with room info. -- BUT I have often taken the public bus from this area down to South Beach. Both the "S" & the 120 Beach Max busses go from here to Lincoln Road. The 120 Beach Max is a "limited stops" route, so it's faster; but generally we'll take whichever one appears first. I've made it from Collins Ave. & 174 St. (bus stop in front of Walgreens) to Lincoln Road in 35 minutes on the 120 Beach Max; I've also had it take 50 minutes on the "S" bus on a Saturday evening, so it does depend on traffic. We actually have a car, but prefer the bus. If there's a lot of traffic (more an issue heading to South Beach around 6 pm than returning from South Beach to Sunny Isles later at night), then it can be the same slow trip whether you're sitting on the bus or fuming behind the wheel of your own car...and we prefer to avoid the hassle of trying to find parking in South Beach & also having someone be a non-drinking designated driver for the trip home. The busses also go on a schedule, which you can see on-line (or pick up a printed copy of at the Sunny Isles Beach Public Library), so if you time your trip to minimize waiting time at the bus stop at each end, it really is a very easy & convenient option.

Edited: 7:23 pm, June 15, 2011
Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,241 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Lincoln Road
Lincoln Road
15,358 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Collins Hotel
Collins Hotel
1,035 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
7. Re: Sole on the ocean- help!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 04, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Isles Beach