We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference in rooms at Decameron Los Cocos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Difference in rooms at Decameron Los Cocos

I am almost ready to book at the Decameron but am wondering what (if any) the difference is between the regular room and the superior room? The Nolitours website lists the exact same amenities, so I can't figure out why the price difference or if it's worth it? Thanks!

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Difference in rooms at Decameron Los Cocos

Just got back...my friends had booked an economy room and my husband and I a..regular room (it wasn't a superior room...was just described as a room on the nolitours site). We were both put in cocos 2, second floor..only real differences..we had a balcony and maybe it was a TINY bit bigger.

From reading the posts I thought we wanted Cocos 4 but I'm happy we didn't get it. Nothing there is far but it is furthest from the beach, most of the bars/restaurants etc. Plus while people seem to rave about the pool up there we really didn't like it. I'm not sure why adults only needs to mean no fun but that pool was WAY too quiet!

Unless a balcony is super important to you...I really didn't see anything wrong with the economy room my friends had.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Difference in rooms at Decameron Los Cocos

Yay!! We will arrive in 18 days and have stuck to the economy room. I will happily rott my experience upon return.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Difference in rooms at Decameron Los Cocos

Melmo,

Just read your excellent, informative review. Thanks!

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Difference in rooms at Decameron Los Cocos

No problem Berniece2000! Hope you have an amazing trip!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Difference in rooms at Decameron Los Cocos

Hi everyone! We just got home on Tuesday and I'm happy to say we received our balcony....eventually. LOL! We were placed in building 3, ground floor. Although it was a large room (one of the ones that had been converted from having a kitchen), it had bars on the window and was facing the street. It felt like a cavern, and was also right beside the tennis court. We immediately went to the front desk and requested to be moved to a room with a balcony (yes, I was very nice about it - I know who to sweet talk!), and they placed us in building 2 on the 3rd floor with a balcony. So much better! I agree about building 4, I much preferred to be closer to the beach.

Have fun everyone still going! It was a great place. I'm trying to get my review up this weekend.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Difference in rooms at Decameron Los Cocos

This is an old thread, but since I wanted to add my 2 cents now that I've stayed there. First of all, to call the economy room a "cell" is rediculous. The economy room we had was like a standard hotel room in Canada (Howard Johnson or Super 8 perhaps). Not large, but plenty of room for 2 people. Of course it's very basic - no amenities outside of the TV, safe and a bar of soap, but that's the case in all of the room categories.

What the economy room didn't have is a balcony....that's where I still have questions, I think the standard rooms DO have balconies.

Also, regarding the buildings themselves: we were in building 1 and checked out the other buildings, including 4. My husband would not stay in #4, too inconvenient. Sure, it's just a few minutes from the beach, but why choose that when you could be 30 seconds from the beach, bar and buffet and pool all at the same time. We are beach people and people watchers, so that could be part of it. There are some larger, balconied rooms in building 1, not sure how to get one of those...and they are always renovating everywhere, including the room beside ours in building 1 (was getting new tile and paint), and from what I saw through open doors throughout the resort, all the rooms are clean and well cared for.

The room in building 1 opened on a walkway and yes people walked by from time to time, but it didn't stop me from having my window open once in awhile, though most of the time spent in the room was for sleeping for dressing...no lolling around the room when there's a warm ocean and sunshine 30 seconds away! I've never been or jail, but I've seen Orange is the New Black, and I can assure you...the economy room is NOT a cell!!

27. Re: Difference in rooms at Decameron Los Cocos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 22, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos