We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tequila purchase

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Tequila purchase

Any advice where to buy Tequila (duty free or local stores) on the way home. I was told local stores have more of a variety and some of the prices are similar to the duty free. Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tequila purchase

You can buy any tequila that you may want to take home at the stores, Walmart, Mega or small corner store. You must pack this in your checked baggage, as they will not let you carry it on to the plane. Or you can buy it at the duty free where the prices are usually very good.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tequila purchase

I say duty free.Real easy

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tequila purchase

Thanks.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tequila purchase

I bought mine at Popins they had exactly what I wanted and it ended up being a little cheaper than at the duty free when I compared

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tequila purchase

we always get ours at the Costco Puerto Vallarta. Good prices and they always carry Don Julio Reposado, among others that we like.

We have also bought tequilla from Mega and Walmart and prices are reasonable.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tequila purchase

Hard to beat the Julio Resparado This year I brought back one of the Julio 70th anniversary bottles.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tequila purchase

Thanks again for the input

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tequila purchase

I've found the prices at the PVR duty free to be similar to what I pay for tequila here in San Francisco. Definitely less expensive in the local stores

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tequila purchase

How about looking or studying tequila from a non- tourist standpoint? Why would you simply be concerned about the price you pay versus the price back home? Mexico produces 100's of tequilas never exported NOB that can be of a far superior quality than what you are familair with. Please take some time to learn and study about what you are discussing/.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tequila purchase

I agree......there's so much more to tequila than what is exported. Do some taste testing...might be fun :)!!

Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos