We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decameron Los Cocos Questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Decameron Los Cocos Questions

We have stayed at the RDC, we were planning to go again in January 2012.

Now getting interested in Los Cocos. Considering going there instead.

Have there been any updates as to wireless or should we leave the computer at home?

Is the resort closed now, haven't seen too many reviews?

Desperate for coffee in am. what is the drill? Anybody take a small coffee maker? Is ice easy to get for a small collapsible cooler?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
778 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decameron Los Cocos Questions

Not sure about ice, but restaurants are open at 7 and servers happily filled travel mugs for us.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Decameron Los Cocos Questions

No problems getting ice for your cooler. There are many little stores nearby. As for the computer leave it at home. There are some in the lobby to use if your just staying in contact with home. There are also 2 internet cafes in town, so access isnt an issue. Enjoy

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decameron Los Cocos Questions

You no doubt have a big travel mug for your AI trips. They will fill that with ice or ice water for an overnight cooler bag and for a drink in the night. A heavy duty zip loc from home keeps that ice separate from the food quite well. The coffee is on at 7 a.m. as stated and is not too far away from most rooms if you don't mind being seen in your jammies by the other early risers. Fill the mugs and take them back to the room or deck. I was drinking some iced coffee like concoctions with milk and a variety of coffee and caramel liquors later in the day . Cheers!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
932 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decameron Los Cocos Questions

I would assume that the bar tenders wouldn't have a problem filling your little cooler with ice. At the RDC we did that nearly every day (hubby drank their Sol for one day, then marched up to the OXO and bought some Pacificos, as he had brought a little cooler to keep them cold). I would think that, since it's "All Inclusive"........that would include ice, too. Just a thought.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,994 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decameron Los Cocos Questions

We were there last Christmas. Be prepared- it is crazy busy in that town that week!! Most of the guests were Mexicans with lots of rowdy kids. Interesting for sure, but about as far from a nice peaceful vacation as you can imagine.

We stayed in Cocos 4, nicest and largest rooms- but tiny balconies. Pool there is nice and quiet compared to the other one- but shaded much of the day and FREEZING cold.

We got ice from the bar there by the pool, no problems. Not sure about wireless, but there is a couple of computers for use in the lobby area.

I am sure it is open now, but it is low season, so many hotels are quiet now and reviews are lacking.

I imagine

6. Re: Decameron Los Cocos Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos