We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boogie boards

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
boogie boards

HI We are considering the decameron los cocos . Can you boogie board at the resort or at the beach club. Are the boards provided? Also can you boogie board at Sayulitas? Thanks

Rincon de...
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: boogie boards

I'm pretty sure you can rent boogie boards at or near Los Cocos (on the south end of town). You can also rent kayaks there. The surf in Guayabitos is perfect for either activity.

While I'm sure you can boogie board in Sayulita, it is more conducive for surfing as the waves are bigger.

Allyson

JaltembaBayLIfe.com

A community website for the villages of Rincón de Guayabitos, La Peñita, Los Ayala, and La Colonia, which are located in the heart of the beautiful Riviera Nayarit, Mexico

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,265 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boogie boards

There was no boogie boarding at either the main Rincon beach or at the beach club when we were there over xmas. Could vary due to time of year, but there were no good waves then at least.

We have boogie boarded both at Sayulita and at San Pancho. And in Neuvo Vallarta, that was by far the best we have done in the area.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
376 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boogie boards

The north part of the Guayabitos beach is better/ best for boogie boarding; the south part where los Cocos is is more protected and calmer.

I don't know where you can rent boogie boards- you can buy them for about 20 dollars and if you don't take it home donate it to the hotel for use by others, or to a local child at the beach.

Edited: 12:31 pm, February 10, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
376 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boogie boards

the north part of the guayabitos is better/ best for boogie boarding; the south part where los Cocos is is more protected and calmer.

I don't know where you can rent boogie boards- you can buy them for about 20 dollars and if you don't take it home donate it to the hotel for use by others, or to a local child at the beach.

5. Re: boogie boards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos