We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re mangrove tour?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
West Coast
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question re mangrove tour?

IF we stay at Los Cocos..seems like the place to eat out is Salvadores so we will try this.. and we love a day at San Pancho and a day at Sayulita but we would like to try a day .. I believe it is called San Blass where you can take a boat tour..and see some wildlife.. can anyone tell me how far from Rincon? Can we easily rent a car ? where would we rent through? Besides the mangrove tour ..is there a town up there to explore? How long a drive to Sayulita? San Pancho? Is there a bus to Sayulita from Rincon?

Oh and one last question ..is the beach club at Los Marcos .. well is the beach like any of the places we have been , ie Punta Mita, San Pancho Sayulita, Bucerias.. I have sort of heard there are some waves..my gang likes to sruf and body board?

Loads of questions Kate

Mentioned in this post
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re mangrove tour?

Hey Kate Salvadors is good but also I would try Pina Coloda, Laditude 21 just down the beach south from Cocos or Campinaros all VERY good. Infact in all my years I havent had many bad meals.

San Blas never been but I heard its 2 hours drive. Sayulita is 35 minute drive back to PV, just get a cab much easier. The bus also will take u to Sayulita and San Pancho. To my knowledge you have to go back to at least Sayulita to rent a car. Most people that do use geckos in Bucherias. Beach club I have heard last year has moved to Los Ayala short 15 min walk from Cocos. Not alot of surfing in the Guayabitos area, At least not big stuff but last year the waves were highest I have seen in a few yrs. Good luck Kate

Mentioned in this post
San Blas
San Blas
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
376 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re mangrove tour?

I would suggest take a tour from Guayabitos to San Blas and the mangrove boat tour.

Mentioned in this post
San Blas
San Blas
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re mangrove tour?

Estaban is the owner of the Pina Colada restaurant ( one of the best in town) and is an official licenced guide, he has trips to San Blas, the mangrove river trip and crocodile farm included, he has brand new Nissan vans and speaks English. Ask about his trips to the hot springs...enjoy

Mentioned in this post
San Blas
San Blas
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
West Coast
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question re mangrove tour?

great tip thanks so much.... I take it you drop by the restaurant to hook up with him.. where is it located? Kate

San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question re mangrove tour?

The Pina Colada is located along the frontage road along Highway 200 between the stoplight turnoff to Las Ayala and the second stoplight in Guayabitos...I believe they open around 1 PM everyday except Tuesday.....

14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question re mangrove tour?

If you are staying at Los Cocos and have booked thru one of the tour companies (Nolitours, Transat, etc), they offer a number of different tours. They will tell you about them at your hotel orientation session. Also add to your list of restaurants to try Tonita1 on the beach (one of my personal favs) But in all honesty it is hard to have a bad meal down there. Just remember to relax enjoy and have another cerveza and if it is taking a while to prepare that means it is freshly made and not sitting in a steam table waiting to be served.

West Coast
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question re mangrove tour?

thanks all.. great ideas

8. Re: Question re mangrove tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:49 am, March 30, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos