We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours & day trips

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Rincon de Guayabitos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manitoba
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tours & day trips

We will be heading there for the first time in early January and would like to do something.

What would be the best thing to see? What are the reputable agents?

Courtenay, British...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours & day trips

It is a bit of a laid back area but you can go out to the island for snorkeling, take a whale watching tour (sold on the beach), must go to La Penita for the thursday market, take a day trip to Chacala for a great beach day.

Penita
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours & day trips

Currently and for the last nine weeks, all the sewage from Rincon is being discharged into the river next to the public beach with no solution at hand. If this problem has not been corrected by the time you get there, stay in the swimming pools, travel inland or take a taxi to San Pancho for a beautiful afternoon.

Halifax
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours & day trips

Darn -- I was hoping that sewage issue had been resolved.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours & day trips

I have been paying attention to the water issues happening and am glad to hear that one pump is now operational. I hope the water is safe to go in, however briefly, in January.

Are there any guides that will take us on a tour of the Petroglyphs?

5. Re: Tours & day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos