We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pancho Oct 2013 - First Visit

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Pancho Oct 2013 - First Visit

Hello!

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to San Pancho in about 3 months!

We are thinking of staying for 3 to 4 weeks but are tying to learn more about the town and accommodation options at that time of year (oct).

Our purpose for this trip is to:

1) meet my gf's mother in SP for 2 weeks (she is from Europe)

2) spend an additional 1 or 2 weeks by ourselves relaxing and exploring

3) SURF! my g/f wants to learn how to surf and i am a average surfer myself. (lessons/rentals)

4) find decent accommodation on a budget.

From what i have seen, looks like rentals for $1000/month stay are pretty rare? is this true? We heard presumably false information about finding rentals for "$500 a month all over the place"

We are thinking of renting a nicer space while her mom is with us, but a cheaper/smaller place when its just my g/f and I. I'm thinking of possibly a surf hostel for my g/f and I something like a flat for the three of us.

any suggestions?

Also,

are there any day-trips and touristy activities that we should check out while we are there?

any comments would be appreciated!

Thank you!!

Vancouver, British...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: San Pancho Oct 2013 - First Visit

Sounds like a good plan! I haven't been in San Pancho myself, but heard that it is a great place to stay. Have a good trip!

San Pancho, Mexico
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Pancho Oct 2013 - First Visit

It is possible to find rentals for $400 - $500. I moved into a really nice furnished lower flat (2-story bldg) for $500 with utilities last month (May). However, rental rates start going into high-season prices around Oct. 15th. I found it by going to all the home rental sites like VRBO, Homestay or the local listings in sanpancholife.com. I found a listing that rented by the day or week -- contacted the owner to ask if she'd rent long-term and she said "yes". The other way to find a rental is to rent a place for a couple of nights and then walk the town several times. If you find an apt that looks vacant but there's no phone # listed; ask the neighbors. They may point you to an even better apt. Good luck. You will love the town.

vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: San Pancho Oct 2013 - First Visit

Amazing information! thank you very much!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: San Pancho Oct 2013 - First Visit

Kyle, I assume you're planning to hop over to Sayulita to do most of your surfing - I don't recall seeing much surfing action in San Pancho itself the times that I've been there.

vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: San Pancho Oct 2013 - First Visit

Hello!

thank you for this! we were told there is surfing in san pancho, but they did not surf themselves. If sayulita is the spot for surfing then we may also look at finding a place there. or at least compare prices.

thankyou!

vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: San Pancho Oct 2013 - First Visit

we bought our plane tickets!

we are now staying in Sayulita!

thank you OT_Bound, good timing!

we found a rental for 500/month! looks great!

if you have spent time in that area, and have any additional suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you internet contributors!

7. Re: San Pancho Oct 2013 - First Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Francisco