We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking around San Pancho

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, BC
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hiking around San Pancho

My family will be in San Pancho for a week starting January 19. There are some recommendations for hiking around the jungles near San Pancho which I would like to do and I am wondering if I need to bring proper hiking boots or whether trail shoes or runners are OK? Thanks.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
578 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking around San Pancho

Trail runners are perfect, regular runners are probably OK. It's hiking on dirt roads, sometimes with lots of gravel on them for traction (works for cars, not so good for humans.) The trails are great...strenuous climbs and at the top there is a buddah which looks over San Pancho...if you like to hike you'll love it. Not much off road hiking here...there is one trail which we've taken but have stopped since it's very steep on one side with a bad drop to rocks/ocean...so we stay on the road now...you can hike all the way to Las Lomas, the town north of San Pancho and down to Monterey Beach there and there is a good "loop" in the SP jungle...see you on the trail!

Vancouver, BC
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking around San Pancho

Thanks very much for the information, the less I have to pack the better! Sue

3. Re: Hiking around San Pancho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Francisco