We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in San Pancho

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wedding in San Pancho

Hi everyone--I'm very excited to be planning a wedding in San Pancho in November of 2010. I have been to San Pancho twice in the past year, and I'm familiar with the town. My question is--is there a good wedding planner that I can work with for things like flowers and hair styling? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding in San Pancho

Yes, Ramon Garcia does wedding planning. Email me at hartinsanjose@hotmail.com and I'll find his email address for you and hook you up.

Ramon is a wonderful young man who grew up here but also lived in the states. He knows everyone and can help immensely. Perfect English too-- a real plus for those details that must be perfect.

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding in San Pancho

There is also a wedding planner in Sayulita who can do weddings here. i'll get you her info too.

Do you already know where it will be? Any details cast in stone?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
574 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding in San Pancho

There is also a very experienced woman from Puerto Vallarta called Laura Cardenas who has a wedding planning business which I believe is called IDOPV and I don't know the rest...I will try to find it for you. She is from the states but Mexican, and could cover all the bases beautifully.

vancouver
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding in San Pancho

Oh thanks you guys, that's great. Nothing cast in stone, but some ideas would be dinner at Mar Plata, or the other Playa place (can't remember the name, theres one on the beach I think associated with Mar Plata). Ceremony on the beach, maybe near el centro.

My fiance was also thinking of renting that big white house (he calls it the "miami vice" house) on the beach on the north end and having the ceremony out front and maybe getting it catered. That sounds like more organizing than going to one of the restaurants.

We're back this November and again in March so I have some time to check things out. We may have alot of family coming down so we'll need alot of places to stay. My fiance and I will probably rent the Canto Del Mar up the hill and Casa Ladera for the immediate family.

We were thinking of making donations to the turtle rescue fund and the school fund for the town in lieu of gifts.

My fiance is fluent in Spanish which helps alot too! He's a surfer and has spent many many months in San Pancho.

Thanks again!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
574 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding in San Pancho

One more person, Gloria from San Pancho Rentals does wedding planning in town, and SP Rentals can help with the housing. I am one of the owners of Casa Obelisco, and in the past we had a wedding party stay with us where the bride and groom asked for the guests to donate to Entre Amigos in lieu of gifts...it was an amazingly generous thing to do, and made so many people happy. I'm sure if you are thinking along these lines you will have a wonderful wedding. All the places you mention are really nice.

vancouver
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding in San Pancho

That's funny. I just gave the name of your place to some of our guests. You come very highly rated on tripadvisor! What a beautiful place, I was looking at it on a website. You may be hearing from them in a bit, wedding's not until November 2010...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
574 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding in San Pancho

Sorry, I just heard that Gloria has left town...

Juanramon37
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding in San Pancho

hello! my name is Ramon Garcia, and I do wedding plannig in san pancho.

here is my e-mail if you want to contact me.

ramongarcia27@hotmail.com

and i also want to say thank you to BARBARA!!

thank's for your nice comment and also for your support to the local people of san pancho..

gracias!!!

Sebastopol, CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding in San Pancho

Hi,

I am the owner of Casa Melissa and my house manager caters weddings that are performed at Villa De Roja. You can rent that large house for the weekend and use it for the event. Of course I would love for you to consider Casa Melissa for any family/guests.

Isabel's email is isabelyyeyo@hotmail.com

and mine is melissa@casamelissa.com if you have any other questions.

Melissa

vancouver
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding in San Pancho

Actually my fiance and I will be in San Pancho in a few weeks. It would be great to meet up with some folks and see some possible accomodation for our wedding guests. I think it may be fairly well attended. We have alot of folks curious about the small town that we return to again and again.

Get answers to your questions about San Francisco