We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pancho or Sayulita with a toddler?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Francisco
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Pancho or Sayulita with a toddler?

We are trying to decide between the two towns. We have a toddler and want him to be entertained, but also want to "get away from it all" and just relax. Will we find Sayulita too busy, crowded and party atmosphere? Or will San Pancho be too boring, not enough to keep the little guy entertained. All the kid really needs is a pool and a beach to run around at. Also, any casita/bungalow recommendations? Thanks.

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Pancho or Sayulita with a toddler?

Althouogh there are certainly lots of families on the beach in Sayulita, I would think at the toddler stage the choice is yours. At this age, your child just wants to be entertained by you so which town appeals to you?

San Pancho is quieter and has a quieter beach, perfect for a young family. San Pancho has excellent restaurants and there are lots of rentals.

Sayulita is a bit noisier because of the fun-loving surfing crowds. Lots more people, lots more restaurants, lots more people on the beach.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Pancho or Sayulita with a toddler?

Will you have a rental car?

We are bringing our 8 month old and staying at a rental in San Pancho (which has its own pool) but we will drive to Sayulita for a day at the beach so my husband can surf. We like the quite laid back nature of San Pancho. But either would be fine.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: San Pancho or Sayulita with a toddler?

Do you have any recommendations for lodging in either town? We'd love something walking distance to town and beach with a kitchen and a pool-in either Sayulita or San Pancho. We weren't planning on renting a car. Thanks.

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Pancho or Sayulita with a toddler?

Hi Melirose, I can recommend a few things in San Pancho. If you want to check out some for yourself, look at www.sanpanchorentals.com and if you have questions about the properties, feel free to email me directly at hartinsanjose@hotmail.com

There are lots of beautiful properties but since you will be toting a todder and not renting a car, you want to avoid the properties that require a 15 minute walk to town. There are lots of nice properties in the pueblo and close to the beach.

Again, contact me if you need some steering in San Pancho.

Sayulita I don't know as well, but there are lots of good listings on www.sayulitalife.com

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Pancho or Sayulita with a toddler?

Maybe Roberto's Bungalows would work for you in San Pancho...they are right down in the puebla, so a short walk from everything. Small, but do have a kitchenette and there is a pool...also, Pariso Escondido is another possibility...5 rooms with kitchenettes share a common space which I believe has a pool, and it's right on the ocean. good luck!

6. Re: San Pancho or Sayulita with a toddler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, October 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Francisco