We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accompong - Tour or Go Solo

London, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accompong - Tour or Go Solo

Hi There

We're planning to visit Accompong but as it has such a rich history we think we might benefit from joining a tour or using a guide. We're not sure whether to go for an established tour or, as we have a car, we could drive there and use one of the local guides.

Any suggestions and/or recommendations welcome. Thanks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accompong - Tour or Go Solo

Here is a link to the writings of a long time Jamaica traveler who has a special connection with Accompong town.

Along with his stories is also information about the area including some photos.

When you click on the link, you will see a list of archives by date. I suggest starting at the very bottom link (oldest date) and begin reading there.

You can also register on that message board and ask your questions there and that same author will likely see your post.

negril.com/discus/messages/103/313700.html…

London, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accompong - Tour or Go Solo

Wow. That's great thanks. I had a quick scan of it so will have a good read of it tomorrow.

Did you see the pic of the hotel about halfway down the page. It looks amazing!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,140 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accompong - Tour or Go Solo

I think Bill would say to use a local guide FROM Accompong, so drive yourelf and hook up with one there. But give Bill a shout and I'm sure he can suggest someone for you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accompong - Tour or Go Solo

Thanks for the heads up. I'm always procrastinating so torn between a tour and a local guide. I'll ask for recommendations as it's something I'd never thought of. Thank you!!

5. Re: Accompong - Tour or Go Solo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:53 am, April 26, 2011