We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our holiday at 1 commins coch, Machynlleth

Which Machynlleth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Our holiday at 1 commins coch, Machynlleth

We recently had a great holiday in Machynlleth and stayed in a cottage near the town. The local attractions are varied and many including Borth Beach, Aberdovey, the slate mine at Corris. The Cente for Alternative Technology is near the town and well worth a trip. The great thing aboiut Wales is there are so few visitors that the beaches are almost empty and there's never a queue to get in anywhere. Having visited for the first time, I don't understand why more people don't spend their holidays there - although I gather it is becoming more and more popular as a destination.

Thank you Wales!

3 replies to this topic
Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
648 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our holiday at 1 commins coch, Machynlleth

Ah well roshy222, we spent two weeks at the beginning of June in Scotland (at Gourdon, near Stonehaven ), we love it there, perhaps we should swap houses !!

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our holiday at 1 commins coch, Machynlleth

Ahh Wales and Scotland! We had such a wonderful time. We didn't go to Aberystwyth on our last trip but will have a look next time.

Edited: 6:08 am, August 09, 2011
Wales
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our holiday at 1 commins coch, Machynlleth

Ah, another first time poster singing the praises of 1 Commins Coch, Machynlleth ...

Reply to: Our holiday at 1 commins coch, Machynlleth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Machynlleth