We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs

Haslemere, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Dogs

You cannot take your dog to Portmerion!! A great shame

12 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
26,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogs

But that is why there is no dogsh there!

Haslemere, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogs

Theres no dogs sh were I live as we pick it up!!! Easy ... Buy pooh bags!!!

Bangor, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Dogs

I remember a time when dogs were alowed and we had some lovely times with our old dog some 20 years ago. Unfortunately we can no longer visit as we always take our pooch with us on days out and would love to take our relatives from England to visit, Such a shame as we are responsible ownere and always pick up any mess.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dogs

Unfortunately, there are still many many owners who do not pick up after their dogs,.....

Thus the lowest common denominator spoils things for everyone, as ever.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dogs

Not a shame, a massive plus, and as for the claim that they were allowed 20 years ago, I don't believe it unless someone from Portmeirion management can confirm. My understanding is that the only dogs ever allowed (apart from guide dogs) are dead ones and they can be found at the dog cemetry, deep in the woods. I have been countless places that are utterly ruined by the presence of dogs and I congratulate the stance of Portmeirion on this matter.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dogs

The thing is that everyone who posts on any forum on TA about dogs anywhere, always insists that their dogs are well behaved, and that THEY pick up after them EVERY time...

Somehow I find that very difficult to believe....

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dogs

Well for the majority of dog owners it's true! How dare u tar u all with the same brush!

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dogs

From this review I received a very condescending email from robin@portmerionvillage.com. My comments are upheld as they are MY views/opinions. They prioritise the wellbeing of Children visiting the area over dogs... fair enough but please don't suggest all dog owners allow their dogs to poo everywhere without clearing it up and chase, bark and bite children and sheep (is there sheep wandering round??). My dogs are Kennel Club trained Border Collies and have been awarded 'good citizen' certification. I am bemused and upset at the response received and don't think I will ever visit this place with or without my beloved dogs.

9. Re: Dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:38 am, January 13, 2017

10. Re: Dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:39 am, January 13, 2017

Reply to: Dogs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Portmeirion