We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graceland questions-parking, security, etc.

New York
6 posts
Save Topic
Graceland questions-parking, security, etc.

For those of you who have been to Graceland I have a few questions:

1. I will be travelling with a travel trailer. Will I be able to find parking in the lot?

2. I see that the website says that no bags are allowed in the park. What about a small pocketbook? (I would not want to leave all of my money and cc's in the car or a locker)

3. How long should I allow to tour Graceland?

TIA for the info!

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Graceland questions-parking, security, etc.

1) They have a huge parking lot on site that you might be allowed to park in, definitely call and ask. You'd probably have to pay as a bus ($5 for a car, more for bigger vehicles).

2) No bags? I've never heard nor seen that. everyone carries bags and purses in. They probably just mean huge luggage or backpacks. Maybe. I've seen many people with backpacks though. They don't have lockers, that I have seen.

3) At least half a day, if you really want to see things. There are different tour packages that add time, such as the cars, the planes, etc. You could take a whole day if you really love Elvis and do everything. The house tour is really quick though, as it is sort of guided and they herd you through quickly.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Graceland questions-parking, security, etc.

Hi justpeachee

I'm sure you will be able to park in the large parking lot across the road from Graceland, (unless there is someone here who can tell you different) There is a rule of no bags in Graceland. However, I did take a small purse to put money in and I did'nt have a problem. No video cameras but you can take a camera. There are lockers provided in the Plaza.

As for how long to allow to tour Graceland. I guess you can take as long as you want. I stopped in each room and let everyone go by and that did'nt cause any problems. I can't remember how long I was in there cos' I was in a daze when I came out, but I guess a couple or three hours - at least. Then there are the other things to see when you get back to the Plaza. If you love Elvis, take as much time as you have. He is well worth it!

Marie

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Graceland questions-parking, security, etc.

That is good info to know, I've never seen lockers myself. I've always carried a purse and camera in, and never had anyone say anything to me. Maybe my purses are smaller than normal!

4. Re: Graceland questions-parking, security, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 23, 2009