We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madison Hotel/Restaurants

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Madison Hotel/Restaurants

Any suggestions of walking distance bars/restaurants from Madison? We are in 40's.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Madison Hotel/Restaurants

The restaurant at the Madison is very good! We've eaten there 3 times - 2 meals were exceptional, the third was good, but not great. A very upscale restaurant called Felicia Suzanne's is just around the corner (the best food we've had in Memphis, but expensive), and Lolo's is also just steps away. We love eating at the bar at Lolo's - they have great small plates, so you can try several if you'd like. Automatic Slims is also within walking distance - it's very popular, but we've had mixed luck there. These are only a few choices, there are LOTS of restaurants within walking distance of the Madison.

One more comment: the Madison Hotel is lovely, but the bathrooms in some of their rooms are tiny - no place to put anything, and no tub, just a shower. If I were you, I'd ask for a room with a larger bath.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madison Hotel/Restaurants

The Madison is within walking distance of anything downtown. I have never stayed there, but from what I have seen of the lobby and photos, it looks gorgeous. If the bathrooms are small, it's because the hotel is one of the oldest buildings in Memphis. Not because it's cheap or not built well. :) Besides, who's hanging out in the bathroom anyway?? :)

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madison Hotel/Restaurants

Gotta love trip advisor....thank you both. That is exactly the info I needed.

4. Re: Madison Hotel/Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:51 pm, October 20, 2006
Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madison Hotel/Restaurants

Is it safe to walk from hotel madison to Automatic Slims....reading too much. Also if you had a choice of 1......Civil Rights Museum or Sun records

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Madison Hotel/Restaurants

Yes, it's safe to walk from the Madison Hotel to Automatic Slim's. And since no one else has answered your other question, I think the Civil Rights Museum would be a better choice.

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Madison Hotel/Restaurants

Thanks, my trip is now planned

8. Re: Madison Hotel/Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Memphis